Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh of course. I didn’t mean to imply that it was the same for us by any means, and I think you’re a great example of maximizing what you’re able to do! :hug:
:hug: Sorry for being so easily upset the past few days, I really try to deal with it as well as I can because moping around sure won't help but I have to admit the shock has hit me now, I hope the hematologist can give me some better perspective tomorrow. I think I am just afraid of not being heard. I'm sure I will feel better soon.

Some people could really need some boredom in their life, me included.

Today wasn't busy: got some food via Foodsharing, did read a few pages about rhetoric and communicating, made some easy sport. Tomorrow will be the same

Plans included doing some Amazon Certified Cloud Practitioner training, it never ceases to amaze me how one hour of training takes two!
It's amazing technology though. One could spin up a supercomputer in minutes, spread it all over the planet, and have dozens of backups too.
Then I recorded the making of our daughter's bday cake :birthday:with my wife, kiddo is turning sixteen!
Then I went for 10K steps, I do that and then really enjoy an electric scooter ride home.
Then I edited the available footage and will record the second part when my wife returns from her walkabout.

Yeah. I can see its uses but I'm down to 28% battery after that shopping trip! But at least i know of anyone gets my phone, after cracking my 8 digit passcode to access the app, re-enable NFC they won't get long to spend my money! The battery won't last long enough, lol.
I have a phone charger for my car, but I travel a lot for work and use an app on my phone for work so it's a necessity. I highly recommend it, good investment. I can't imagine how anyone would get ahold of your phone? Mine is password protected so even if someone got ahold of my phone they would have to be pretty savvy to figure out how to unlock it.

Going to get a CT scan ordered by my ENT to see if they can get clarity on what might be causing my lifelong sinus issues, since the sprays helped but did not eliminate the problem. Maybe it's an anatomical structure issue? Guess I'll find out more in a couple of days.

Going to get a CT scan ordered by my ENT to see if they can get clarity on what might be causing my lifelong sinus issues, since the sprays helped but did not eliminate the problem. Maybe it's an anatomical structure issue? Guess I'll find out more in a couple of days.
:hug:hope they find a solution for you

:hug:hope they find a solution for you
Wow they are fast, they uploaded the results for me to view in my online chart already. I have a deviated nasal septum with a prominent spur and thickening of the mucosal lining. So no idea yet what my ENT will want to do about it, I am sure he will be in touch with me within the next week or so.

"There is mucosal thickening of the maxillary sinuses bilaterally as
well as patchy mucosal thickening of the ethmoid air cells. The
ostiomeatal complexes are within normal limits. There is leftward
nasal septal deviation with a prominent spur. There is mild mucosal
congestion over the nasal septum and turbinates.

IMPRESSION: Bilateral maxillary and ethmoid sinusitis. The
ostiomeatal complexes are patent. Nasal septal deviation and mucosal
thickening in the nasal cavity."

Yeah I don't want to be a debby downer but you guys have a choice you know? I am physically disabled, I can't do the things I want to do and I am very young. Not to mention I have a dangerous illness . And recently I ended up in a wheelchair, temporary for now but who knows it might be permanent in the future? Can you understand why I might struggle a little at this time, trying to cope?
I'm a pretty optimistic person but yeah, I wish I had a more interesting life.. I'm very happy I have a caring husband who takes me out to places, but I really feel old before my time. I can't even take a 10 minute walk at the moment. It's making me pretty sad.
My country is one of the worst in Europe statistically when it comes to accesibility, so this adds to my concerns. I don't want to live my life on the sidelines..
Having spent 7 years in and out of a wheelchair, and always in it when we were out of the house, i understand but i also know that I'm very very lucky. Hubby and I took opportunities that came our way/we created where many other people would not have done, so whilst those 7 years were incredibly hard, we have no regrets.

But that said whilst I'm out of the wheelchair now and haven't used it since October last year, we don't know that I'll stay out of it for long . There are worrying signs that I may have osteoarthritis in my spine and if that is the case, it is only a matter of time before I'm back in the wheelchair for good. :(

I know it's exceptionally hard, most places are not set up for wheelchairs even when they believe that they are. It is stupid little things such as
  • ramps being too steep for someone in a hand driven wheelchair to independently propel themselves up the slope (and this is true even in hospitals).
  • Doorways not being wide enough for the wheelchair to get through without skinning your knuckles in the process.
  • Shops putting displays in the middle of isles meaning it is not wide enough for a wheelchair to get through anymore
  • Supermarket shelving being too high to reach anything above 1m (and don't try the bottom shelf either) or the veg being at the back of the display so you actually can't reach it in the wheelchair.
  • Paying Is a nightmare as well because a lot of pay machines are fixed in place so you can't see the digital display because the contrast doesn't extend to extreme angles.
  • Displays in museums for example being at the wrong angle and height for you to read the literature (that's where phones with cameras come in so very useful)
  • Doors being too heavy to open in a wheelchair unless you apply to brake which then stops you going through it. Take the brake off and try opening the door and the wheelchair moves target than the door opening!
  • Gutters... hate them. Over here the storm drains in the road are steep and the wheelchair gets stuck on them, with the footplate jamming into the ground and getting stuck.
Getting around in a wheelchair despite all the supposedly wheelchair friendly access is only friendly access if you're with someone who can push you, and that's a best case scenario.

I will add that on most places people will help you if you need it, you only have to ask and some see that you need it and help without asking, but I often feel like the person who designed 'it' hasn't ever tried it on a wheelchair and if they had.... it's a compete loss of independence even when you try to still maintain some independence in a wheelchair. For me the wheelchair allowed me to get out independently, but you were then reliant on complete strangers for help because wheelchair access has been designed for older persons needing to be pushed, not for younger persons still trying to maintain some level of independence.

Fingers crossed for you that your heart heals. I know with my nerves (spinal cord) it took 4 or so years and they were a long 4 years.

I have a phone charger for my car, but I travel a lot for work and use an app on my phone for work so it's a necessity. I highly recommend it, good investment. I can't imagine how anyone would get ahold of your phone? Mine is password protected so even if someone got ahold of my phone they would have to be pretty savvy to figure out how to unlock it.
I have a backup battery charger in the car, but my phone has issues and doesn't really like it. In my Landcruiser I can use USB3 12v adaptor to recharge my phone, but that's not the main vehicle and with fuel prices what they are, 2km costs me $1 on fuel so the vehicle only comes out now when absolutely necessary (usually weather or terrain related). Hubby's vehicle has 12v issues. Neithet 12v adaptor works fully and no-one, main dealer included, has been able to work out why. Oddly the old radio transmitter for the iPod classic works fine, and for 1 of the old iPod classics it is the only thing that charges it anymore, but it is the only thing that actually works in that vehicle's 12v system, so nothing can be recharged in the main vehicle and my phone won't talk to backup batteries! I'm waiting for my phone to pack up completely. For now it works. It went in for a repair to the power board some years ago (it overheated and nearly caught fire! ) and came back with a broken screen at the very bottom left hand corner ... They denied all knowledge and hubby didn't notice when he collected it from them so won't be using them again and left a negative review.

The irony is that I can't screenshot the problem because digitally the image is fine, it's just the actually display that has a problem...

Once my phone packs up entirely I'll be better off but we can't afford to replace anything unless it is 100% necessary whilst I don't have a job other than looking after the house, garden, kitchen, hubby, fire...

Plans for today

Dry washing inside house. It's 1.1°C outside, 99% humidity and cloudy. It was meant to be clear skies...

Go to post office 32km away to collect a parcel some kind <insert suitable word here> driver failed to deliver on Monday and i can't get postman to deliver because it needs a signature for another courier company. Grrr

Start cutting lawn

Cook, dumplings and evening meal

Carry on with hubby's cardigan. I misread the awful Rowan pattern instructions and the shoulder shaping for everything (back, 2 front pieces and 2 sleeves) is wrong so I need to unravel back to armpits and repeat... They don't join together so it's a must do. No way around it sadly.

Get some sleep...

I have a backup battery charger in the car, but my phone has issues and doesn't really like it. In my Landcruiser I can use USB3 12v adaptor to recharge my phone, but that's not the main vehicle and with fuel prices what they are, 2km costs me $1 on fuel so the vehicle only comes out now when absolutely necessary (usually weather or terrain related). Hubby's vehicle has 12v issues. Neithet 12v adaptor works fully and no-one, main dealer included, has been able to work out why. Oddly the old radio transmitter for the iPod classic works fine, and for 1 of the old iPod classics it is the only thing that charges it anymore, but it is the only thing that actually works in that vehicle's 12v system, so nothing can be recharged in the main vehicle and my phone won't talk to backup batteries! I'm waiting for my phone to pack up completely. For now it works. It went in for a repair to the power board some years ago (it overheated and nearly caught fire! ) and came back with a broken screen at the very bottom left hand corner ... They denied all knowledge and hubby didn't notice when he collected it from them so won't be using them again and left a negative review.

The irony is that I can't screenshot the problem because digitally the image is fine, it's just the actually display that has a problem...

Once my phone packs up entirely I'll be better off but we can't afford to replace anything unless it is 100% necessary whilst I don't have a job other than looking after the house, garden, kitchen, hubby, fire...
Well that sounds like a real pain in the ass.

Well that sounds like a real pain in the ass.
Yep.

More annoyingly the phone more than meets my needs. 5G isn't available in the sticks, so I don't need a 5G compatible phone. I don't spend enough time in Canberra which is the only place around here with 5G... and my phone was damaged back just 1 month outside warranty... I'm convinced that there is a timer in there with a warranty+random time entry to self destruction....

When I'm worrying about how to afford the next lot of wood to stay warm at home, or if I need to find a new back surgeon with a smaller gap than my current one (gap on my neck surgery was $16,800) which we simply can't easily afford anyhow, I don't need to be worrying about how to pay for a new phone for me it hubby or a new tablet for him as all. His tablet is over 6 years old now. It was bought before we moved to the UK, so that should be next to be replaced, but both of us have damaged phones at the moment.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom