Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My frig/freezer are so full that we are working on eating the leftovers in it before I shop anymore. Plus our garden is producing plenty of salad ingredients.
We're operating on a similar policy, though it's once a month, for one week we eat from the freezer. I've still not found the bottom!

I filled my gas tank on July 5 ($89.00). I currently have just under half a tank left. I like living close to everything I need.

CD
I love Texas suburbs for that very reason. My brother in Houston (actually Missouri City) has a nice house that is about 2 miles from grocery, retail, and gas stations, just about anything you want or need. You'd never know it when driving around the block where he lives.

I filled my gas tank on July 5 ($89.00). I currently have just under half a tank left. I like living close to everything I need.

CD
That’s how it is with us. I so infrequently fill up, I keep forgetting my loyalty card number for my discount. I used to have that memorized.

I also had all the prompts of the self-serve pump memorized, but now I have to actually read them. :laugh:

CD
I don't like living close to people. I just about coped when we lived on the edge of a village in the UK. I managed because there was an old converted railway that started at our garden and we were the last property on that lane and it ran directly into countryside. I've always preferred rural. Noise hurts my ears. I'm so glad that CRT TVs no longer exist because they were a massive problem for me.

The down side of Australia is also it's upside, it's size. I just miss not being able to cycle everywhere, but I suspect my health would have prevented that in the UK irrespective of the pandemic. I can cope with the travel. Everything is less than an hour to the north side our the capital. That's fine.

That’s how it is with us. I so infrequently fill up, I keep forgetting my loyalty card number for my discount. I used to have that memorized.

I also had all the prompts of the self-serve pump memorized, but now I have to actually read them. :laugh:

You can scan your Kroger loyalty card at Kroger and Shell gas stations. That's what i do with my Teddy's card.

CD

You can scan your Kroger loyalty card at Kroger and Shell gas stations. That's what i do with my Teddy's card.

CD
I lost that card about 17 years ago. :laugh:

I like how Sam’s pumps work - just scan your membership QR code from the app and away you go. It charges the card associated with your account.

Going to do a quick audit this afternoon, then going to World Market to put together a gift package of goodies for MIL's birthday. Then stopping by a different store to pick up some D batteries for the motion light by our garage door. After that just going to clean the bathrooms, maybe I will vacuum if I feel motivated enough, LOL.

I took Teddy for grooming. I will have to pick him up later. I went to IKEA while I was near it, and also had breakfast at Le Madeline -- french country breakfast.

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 12.14.50 PM.jpg

CD

I took Teddy for grooming. I will have to pick him up later. I went to IKEA while I was near it, and also had breakfast at Le Madeline -- french country breakfast.

View attachment 88593

CD

Lovely as that may be its nothing like any breakfast I've seen served in France (in the country or the town)! The French would never put a croissant on the same plate as the rest of the items. I could go on but hey - you know...

Lovely as that may be its nothing like any breakfast I've seen served in France (in the country or the town)! The French would never put a croissant on the same plate as the rest of the items. I could go on but hey - you know...

Well excuse me. Funny thing, though -- it tasted good, in spite of it's Mercan flaws.

CD

It was 92F here today while I was out, whew that took a lot out of me. Got MIL some goodies she will like. I was a bit worried about the chocolate melting in the car while I ran into get the batteries, but thankfully they held up, even though my car was hot as Hades when I came back out (I was unable to find a shady parking spot).

Lazy day, bestie still laid up with his op. no pub today. Need to take burger buns out of the freezer. Bacon egg n cheese burgers. Beetroot in mine. Slowly making my way through the freezer. We have enough food for months. I may do a load of towels??

Russ

We have enough food for months.

Russ
Same here. My problem is when I plan to just use everything up in the freezer and/or pantry before buying more, I find a tremendous sale that I just can't pass up, and then I buy a bunch of the meat or whatever shelf stable or freezeable items and load it back up again, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom