Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing today, resting up so I can go back to the fantasy event tomorrow. My husband has gone today as well, because I insisted he should. My limited mobility shouldn't stop him from enjoying himself.
We had fun yesterday but it was much harder to navigate the terrain in a wheelchair than the customer service had told us. The entrance was in a field with loose soil and grass, there were a lot of paths with invisble sinkholes due to them being made of sand and there were much less seating options than the previous years. My husband performed a near olympic feat pushing my chair everywhere.
We have come to this event for years, and the facilities for disabled people used to be much better. Guess they found a way to cut on costs..

So if I am going tomorrow, we're doing things differently and I won't move around much, we'll just park me near some friends or stages and I'll enjoy the view. I hope to be able to take some more pictures then too, yesterday we were too busy to spend much time taking pictures.

Nothing today, resting up so I can go back to the fantasy event tomorrow. My husband has gone today as well, because I insisted he should. My limited mobility shouldn't stop him from enjoying himself.
We had fun yesterday but it was much harder to navigate the terrain in a wheelchair than the customer service had told us. The entrance was in a field with loose soil and grass, there were a lot of paths with invisble sinkholes due to them being made of sand and there were much less seating options than the previous years. My husband performed a near olympic feat pushing my chair everywhere.
We have come to this event for years, and the facilities for disabled people used to be much better. Guess they found a way to cut on costs..

So if I am going tomorrow, we're doing things differently and I won't move around much, we'll just park me near some friends or stages and I'll enjoy the view. I hope to be able to take some more pictures then too, yesterday we were too busy to spend much time taking pictures.
Sorry for the difficulty, but you get a like for your seemingly bottomless reserve of positivity. Enjoy the day tomorrow!

My plans today are painting, painting, and more painting.

Sorry for the difficulty, but you get a like for your seemingly bottomless reserve of positivity. Enjoy the day tomorrow!

My plans today are painting, painting, and more painting.
Tomorrow won't be going to happen unfortunately, I posted about it in the general chat. Far more pain than I expected today.
My husband will go but not me.

I’m so far behind in my list of things to do while MrsT is gone - which was mainly to paint the living room.

I don’t paint all that often, and either I’m getting older or it’s somehow magically gotten harder, as it took me a full eight hours, over two days just to paint the hallway, and it’s not like it’s 14-foot ceilings or anything. Up and down the ladder, going around the doors, took forever.

All that up-and-downery, plus getting low down on the floor for the base trim, left my knees aching, especially the left one, which always gives me trouble.

Due to that, I did no painting yesterday, though I did go and get some more paint and supplies, and I opted to mow the grass instead.

Today, I plan on doing some painting between work meetings, and I’m off tomorrow, to pick up MrsT from the airport, but that’s not until later in the day, so I’m hoping to get that one wall completely done and the furniture moved back over by the time she’s home.

Plans today (tonight, rather) include meeting MrsT at the airport. She’s just texted that she’s starting her long journey home:

Lake Champlain Grand Isle ferry

Plans today did involve going to get more paint, but now I think I’m staying home for a while:

It’s been a flurry of activity here all morning. Someone apparently tried to break into an FBI facility in Cincy, fled up to my highway exit, got off, got shot, and now the FBI, two county sheriffs’ departments, SWAT, a care flight helicopter, and ambulances are all staged about a half-mile from my house and we’re all on lockdown.

Plans today did involve going to get more paint, but now I think I’m staying home for a while:

View attachment 88945
It’s been a flurry of activity here all morning. Someone apparently tried to break into an FBI facility in Cincy, fled up to my highway exit, got off, got shot, and now the FBI, two county sheriffs’ departments, SWAT, a care flight helicopter, and ambulances are all staged about a half-mile from my house and we’re all on lockdown.
Well, I hope that turns out OK without people getting hurt. Let us know! Better safe than sorry indeed.

…and the Red Cross has arrived. Reports now are that he entered the FBI visitors’ building in Cincy, fired a nail gun of all things at the officer there, waved an AR-15 rifle around, then took off up the highway, etc. He’s apparently also wearing body armor.

…and I think they may be getting tired of the negotiating, as they’ve just placed the local hospital on lockdown, since that’s where they’ll likely be heading at some point today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom