Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plans today did involve going to get more paint, but now I think I’m staying home for a while:

View attachment 88945
It’s been a flurry of activity here all morning. Someone apparently tried to break into an FBI facility in Cincy, fled up to my highway exit, got off, got shot, and now the FBI, two county sheriffs’ departments, SWAT, a care flight helicopter, and ambulances are all staged about a half-mile from my house and we’re all on lockdown.
Hate when that happens

Hate when that happens
What’s funny in all this is the sheer number of times I’ve seen/heard the word “cornfield” today.

The minute-by-minute police updates have blurbs like, “Suspect on Smith Rd, at SE edge of cornfield,” and “CCSO has established cornfield perimeter.”

Even the TV news out of Cincy is doing it. The at-scene reporter must have said “cornfields” about 30 times in three minutes:

“The cornfields of Clinton County are anything but quiet this morning, as a fleeing suspect has invaded the cornfield-covered county after allegedly firing a nail gun at an FBI facility earlier today. Local police have the suspect contained near the cornfield about a mile in that direction and are attempting a negotiation as I report. If only cornfields had real ears, and not just ears of corn…Justine Fluffbottom, reporting from the cornfields of Clinton County.”

That’s a bit of paraphrasing to prove a point, but the city news anchor actually signed off with, “…and to reiterate, the lockdown in Clinton County is still in effect, so stay safe up there. They have a lot of…cornfields, and…um…sheds, I guess…so be aware.” - also paraphrased, but very close to the original.

I need to go to the grocery store. Then, I need to shop for a carpet cleaner that got pretty good ratings from Consumer Reports to clean the carpets that Teddy has peed on with his bladder control issues.

CD

I’m heading into the city(Ottawa) for dinner. My son’s in laws have been visiting from Northern England for a frw weeks and between their schedule and my commitments we never got together. So, it will be at a Chinese Buffet for a couple of hours. Nice people. I’ve been watching what I eat today so I’m in game shape for the buffet.

I’m heading into the city(Ottawa) for dinner. My son’s in laws have been visiting from Northern England for a frw weeks and between their schedule and my commitments we never got together. So, it will be at a Chinese Buffet for a couple of hours. Nice people. I’ve been watching what I eat today so I’m in game shape for the buffet.

Start off with the expensive items, like crab legs. Skip the bread and salads.

CD

Start off with the expensive items, like crab legs. Skip the bread and salads.

CD
Yeah. I usually go for the meat, fish and stir fries. Then a bit of green bits to minimize the self loathing that follows a buffet. Although, I do love a good Hot’n’sour soup and chow mein noodles.

Plans today did involve going to get more paint, but now I think I’m staying home for a while:

View attachment 88945
It’s been a flurry of activity here all morning. Someone apparently tried to break into an FBI facility in Cincy, fled up to my highway exit, got off, got shot, and now the FBI, two county sheriffs’ departments, SWAT, a care flight helicopter, and ambulances are all staged about a half-mile from my house and we’re all on lockdown.

I have to wonder if this is some MAGA nut-job attacking the FBI because they raided Mar-a-Lago. The FBI has been the subject of online threats since its agents searched former President Donald Trump's Florida estate this week as part of an investigation into documents removed from the White House as he was leaving office in January 2021.

Just watched a State Trooper talk about the suspect. He fled the scene in a white Ford Crown Victoria. That has MAGA written all over. That is a favorite car for people who are stuck in the past. 5,000 pounds of old technology on four wheels. When Ford stopped making them, its fans were livid.

For those who are not familiar with the Crown Vic (as we refer to them), here is a photo...

1660248958864.jpeg

CD

I’m so far behind in my list of things to do while MrsT is gone - which was mainly to paint the living room.

I don’t paint all that often, and either I’m getting older or it’s somehow magically gotten harder, as it took me a full eight hours, over two days just to paint the hallway, and it’s not like it’s 14-foot ceilings or anything. Up and down the ladder, going around the doors, took forever.

All that up-and-downery, plus getting low down on the floor for the base trim, left my knees aching, especially the left one, which always gives me trouble.

Due to that, I did no painting yesterday, though I did go and get some more paint and supplies, and I opted to mow the grass instead.

Today, I plan on doing some painting between work meetings, and I’m off tomorrow, to pick up MrsT from the airport, but that’s not until later in the day, so I’m hoping to get that one wall completely done and the furniture moved back over by the time she’s home.

I dont mind painting as I enjoy the cutting in around architrave etc. I use a pole and rollers.
I had upstairs outside done but I got a mate who does it full time to do that. I'm no good on heights.

Russ

I have to wonder if this is some MAGA nut-job attacking the FBI because they raided Mar-a-Lago. The FBI has been the subject of online threats since its agents searched former President Donald Trump's Florida estate this week as part of an investigation into documents removed from the White House as he was leaving office in January 2021.

Just watched a State Trooper talk about the suspect. He fled the scene in a white Ford Crown Victoria. That has MAGA written all over. That is a favorite car for people who are stuck in the past. 5,000 pounds of old technology on four wheels. When Ford stopped making them, its fans were livid.

For those who are not familiar with the Crown Vic (as we refer to them), here is a photo...

View attachment 88954

CD
I've been watching fox, they are deluded.

Russ

Yeah. I usually go for the meat, fish and stir fries. Then a bit of green bits to minimize the self loathing that follows a buffet. Although, I do love a good Hot’n’sour soup and chow mein noodles.
Don't forget about the ice cream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom