Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully, I’ll finish the painting today. It’s never taken me this long to paint a room (and hallway), and I’m getting really agitated having the room all torn apart.

I also have to make a dental appointment (thanks for the reminder, Win!).
Sorry hear that, for both occasions! Hope you'll be done soon :hug:

Despite a chest infection today is going to be much busier than I needed.

Physio is happy to see me with a chest infection, he knows the situation with my asthma and if I test negative will see me. Masks are mandatory anyhow so I'll just switch to a medical mask rather than my usual ones.

Hubby has a dental check up at the same time in the next building over..

Then I have to take hubby into work, so lunch out. I'm leaving hubby in the city and he is getting the Wollongong coach home. First stop is where I have to collect him from at 7pm. The coach fare is the same cost as fuel but saves me an extra 1½hrs driving on top of what I will have to do to pick him up off the coach, so this is primarily a time saving exercise.

Then I'll do the shopping on the way home.
Just creating the shopping list now.

I can see I'll be exhausted tomorrow but the alternative is to drive into the city on Friday to do the shopping instead of getting to rest on Friday.

I've got a double doctors appointment on Thursday so that takes Thursday out and the town I see my dr in doesn't have anything other than a super-IGA (those in the UK, think of a Spar for 7/11 store and make it mini supermarket size. About ½ the store is sweets, snacks and fizzy drinks, ¼ is junk food and the remaining ¼ is fresh veg, meat, bread, tins, kitchen, free from diets and so on. I can't do a weekly shop in it, all it is useful for is if you've forgotten to get bread or need an extra container of milk (any sort) plus a few bananas...

Taking my wife to ashburton to see her brother. Hes terminal and on morphine to do anything. We have nothing to do with his family. I'm not going in, just dropping off. I will pick her up later. 1 hrs drive but my mate butcher is coming.
Hes my wifes brother and I understand the need to see 1 last time.??
However I'm not that kind to a guy that wants anything to do with a guy that interfered with his step daughter.
I wouldn't cross the road to save him.

Russ

Going to Houston on Wednesday. Gotta' help my sister get a grip on my dad's condition, which is getting worse as dementia is quickly setting in. I'll spend some time with my mom, too -- and she wants me to cook for her. In her old age, she LOVES my cooking. Go figure.

CD

I know what you are going through as we lost a close friend to the same. In the end I couldn't visit her. Its really horrible thing to go through.
Kia kaha ( be strong) Maori.

Russ

kaneohegirlinaz

Fresh Peach Pie with Cream Cheese Filling - Home With Holly J
1660756782991.png

One of my Neighborhood Gal Pals raided the Peach tree on the property where she works and brought me 2 dozen gorgeous Yellow Freestone Peaches.
Today I can!
Yeah those peaches would never make it into the jars around here!

I finally finished the painting. One more day of the room being in disarray (while it dries) before I start hanging stuff back on the walls and pushing the furniture back.

Apart from saying she liked the color when she first got back from vacation, MrsT has been unusually silent about the painting. Here's how that went today:

Me: "...and I'm done! Finally! I've never taken so long to paint a room!"
MrsT (staring at the wall for a moment): "Up along the top there, you have a-"
Me: "I know you're not about to critique a paint job you had absolutely nothing to do with." :mad:
MrsT: "What are we having for supper?"
Me: "That's what I thought. Tuna salad."

One of my Neighborhood Gal Pals raided the Peach tree on the property where she works and brought me 2 dozen gorgeous Yellow Freestone Peaches.
Today I can!

Wow, they fruit late out there. My peach tree used to have its big fruit yield in June every year. I'd get about 300 peaches in three weeks. I gave most of them away -- no way I could eat them all, and freeze them all.

Plans for this week:​

• Going to the barber (today)
  • Taking a daily walk (yay for medication!)
  • Seeing friends for high tea on saturday
  • Doing something for the flour recipe challenge
  • Planning a dental appointment that got cancelled due to me being ill
I had a dental appointment too. First time in seven years.
The hygienist asked me if I floss. I said I never do.
She spent an hour diligently removing the tartar.
Then an x-ray of both sides.
Then the dentist. Everything was perfect! lol

Turns out washing your teeth (properly) once a day is sufficient.

I had a dental appointment too. First time in seven years.
The hygienist asked me if I floss. I said I never do.
She spent an hour diligently removing the tartar.
Then an x-ray of both sides.
Then the dentist. Everything was perfect! lol

Turns out washing your teeth (properly) once a day is sufficient.
I think that might be dependent on a few things like age, genetics, and diet! I am 60. I never really had any dental issues until I was in my late 50s, and thankfully those were minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom