Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, one of the breweries in town is launching a revitalized one, this is the first year for it, so we’re off to check it out.
Well…it was very small. I keep telling myself, it’s the first year, so give it a chance. I really hope they can make a go of it.

They’re in a good spot, in the party zone between the NFL stadium and the MLB stadium, but they were empty today. Granted, we got there at 11:30AM, and it was howling like a hurricane, I was surprised they were even open.

We were able to get some gluhwein, though, then we stopped at a German bakery to get some almond crescent cookies and pfeffernusse, and a giant gingerbread snowman.

Some young women playing bumper cars on the ice rink downtown:

Good Midwesterner, we don’t need fancy names for things, we just get right to the point:

The city tree:

Rentable heated igloos at the market:

Another one for the collection:

Plans:
today: pack up for yet another trip down into "The Valley" to see the Cardio doc again
make sure that everything in the house in buttoned down - never know now how long we'll be away anymore
tomorrow: I have to drive to Phoenix because DH is not to drive until the middle of February - eekkkk!
check into our hotel
make our way over to the doctor's offices for two appointments with them
order take-out dinner from the adorable restaurant across the street from our hotel
following day (bar any unforeseen incidents) : make our way out of Phoenix
stop along the way at one of favorite Asian Markets for supplies

Wish me luck!

Plans:
today: pack up for yet another trip down into "The Valley" to see the Cardio doc again
make sure that everything in the house in buttoned down - never know now how long we'll be away anymore
tomorrow: I have to drive to Phoenix because DH is not to drive until the middle of February - eekkkk!
check into our hotel
make our way over to the doctor's offices for two appointments with them
order take-out dinner from the adorable restaurant across the street from our hotel
following day (bar any unforeseen incidents) : make our way out of Phoenix
stop along the way at one of favorite Asian Markets for supplies

Wish me luck!

Best of luck kaneohegirlinaz - at least you have built some foodie treats into the trip.

Off to work..ramping up for the xmas shopping season..Filling tourtieres orders.. 24 a day for a couple of weeks, on top of my other daily duties, makes for long days..

I've been taking care of my husband and stepson who've both come down with a pretty severe flu. I have been fine the past three days caring for them, but now I'm getting the sniffles. I hope my flu shot will keep it from getting as bad as them, because they have quite high fevers.. Let's cross fingers that it just stays a cold for me, I really don't want this on top of everything else.

Edit: not flu, Covid 😖

Last edited:
I've been taking care of my husband and stepson who've both come down with a pretty severe flu. I have been fine the past three days caring for them, but now I'm getting the sniffles. I hope my flu shot will keep it from getting as bad as them, because they have quite high fevers.. Let's cross fingers that it just stays a cold for me, I really don't want this on top of everything else.

As long as the flu shot you got covers the strain of flu that they have, you should be protected. One of the things my ex-wife sold working for a medical supply company was flu shots (and made a boatload of money off of them). The manufacturers have to make educated guesses about what flu strains will be most prevalent each flu season. Usually, they get it right, but it's impossible to get it completely right every year.

Anyway, if you can find out what flu strain your husband and stepson have, you'll have a better idea what your risk is. In the US, any Primary Care Physician can do a swab test, similar to a covid test, and find out what strain of flu someone has. Seems like it should be the same there.

CD

As long as the flu shot you got covers the strain of flu that they have, you should be protected. One of the things my ex-wife sold working for a medical supply company was flu shots (and made a boatload of money off of them). The manufacturers have to make educated guesses about what flu strains will be most prevalent each flu season. Usually, they get it right, but it's impossible to get it completely right every year.

Anyway, if you can find out what flu strain your husband and stepson have, you'll have a better idea what your risk is. In the US, any Primary Care Physician can do a swab test, similar to a covid test, and find out what strain of flu someone has. Seems like it should be the same there.

CD
Yeah we found out it's Covid. Sigh. Fingers crossed now that I'm spared this.
Starting self isolation for 10 days now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom