Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a lot of little chores/tasks to get done today. Friday, I spent the majority of the day with my sister here, then yesterday, I was out running around for a good part of the day, so I've got things in the house kind of backed up.

Today, I've got a few bills to pay (thank god for online bill pay, I can't believe we all used to sit around and write out checks and fill out little forms, seal them up, and throw them in the mail as part of a monthly ritual).

I got out of my sequence for weekly laundry, so there's that to do, and (the fun bit), I've got a lot of Christmas-related stuff to accomplish. I must be getting old, because I actually forgot that I never put lights in the shrubs along the front left side of the house. Here it is practically Christmas, and one whole side of my house is unlit.

I'm also going to wrap the gifts I've gotten for MrsT so far, so I can see where I stand. I know she said she got me five things, so I have to see if I have that many bought.

Planning on using some spare ground beef for tacos later, and TV-watching is always in the cards when I'm home. Since I'm doing Christmassy stuff today, it'll be some Christmas-themed things.

My plans for today were:
a) Make a full English. Mission accomplished.
b) Go to the pub to watch England vs Senegal. Mission accomplished.
c) Go to the pub to watch England BEAT Senegal, 3-0. Mission accomplished.
d) Smoke a cigar to celebrate England beating Senegal. Mission accomplished.
Bloody marvellous day!!

Called in sick today, using my penultimate sick day. I’ve got a dental appointment to get a crown on a split tooth, first of two.

Other than that, some miscellaneous Christmas jobs to do. I need to get some WW-friendly meals/snacks worked out, and all of MrsT’s prezzies are wrapped except for her certificate showing she’s the proud sponsor of a stone in The White Tower at The Tower of London. I need to get that framed.

Also making something for the chili charge.

Today's plans include waking up, going to knitting and planting out some more tomato plants, the aubergine plants and a few others as well as checking on the potatoes and harvesting a reasonable number of raspberries. I also need to cut the long and now wet grass back around the electric fence so that the charge gets around the circuit. It's shorting out now since yesterday's 2mm of rain. Otherwise I'll ignore the housework for another day or two...

Today's plans include waking up, going to knitting and planting out some more tomato plants, the aubergine plants and a few others as well as checking on the potatoes and harvesting a reasonable number of raspberries. I also need to cut the long and now wet grass back around the electric fence so that the charge gets around the circuit. It's shorting out now since yesterday's 2mm of rain. Otherwise I'll ignore the housework for another day or two...
And now they include taking a chicken to the vets...

First day back at work in nearly a week…how is it that all the problems I left are still problems a week later? Oh, that’s right, no one worked on any of the things I left them notes on how to handle.

Continuing on with the Christmas stuff. I’ve got a start on the cards, will likely address more of those today. I also have to get MrsT’s gifts labeled and under the tree. I try to think of Christmassy names that are appropriate for each gift - for example, I got her a Fitbit because she hates lugging her phone around with her to get all her steps, so that’ll be from Coach Comet, the leader of the reindeer games in the Rudolph TV special.

First day back at work in nearly a week…how is it that all the problems I left are still problems a week later? Oh, that’s right, no one worked on any of the things I left them notes on how to handle.

Continuing on with the Christmas stuff. I’ve got a start on the cards, will likely address more of those today. I also have to get MrsT’s gifts labeled and under the tree. I try to think of Christmassy names that are appropriate for each gift - for example, I got her a Fitbit because she hates lugging her phone around with her to get all her steps, so that’ll be from Coach Comet, the leader of the reindeer games in the Rudolph TV special.

We go back tomorrow, I dread to see the state of my desk and the pile of stuff others 'didn't have time to do'

We go back tomorrow, I dread to see the state of my desk and the pile of stuff others 'didn't have time to do'
What gets me is, the last couple of weeks, I kept being told that this or that item was “hot” and had to be handled ASAP, and I was pestered with status updates twice a day.

I leave for a week, with a summary of where I was at with them and who to work with next, in order to keep things moving…nothing. Everything’s right where I left it, so really, how “hot” is it?

My Apple Watch does some fitness stuff. I don't know how that stuff works. I did once ask it, "Hey Siri, what's my pulse?" And Siri answered, "That's not nice." Siri clearly heard something other than what I said, but I have no idea what it was. :scratchhead:

CD

I got up bright and early yesterday, showered, shaved and got dressed for my 10AM MRI appointment. I had a few minutes before I had to leave the house, so I checked my email, and happened to glance at my calendar.

My appointment was scheduled for Wednesday... today. :facepalm:

I went to bed early last night, so woke up very early today. I should have no problem getting to my appointment on time.

CD

Another lovely grey day here:

That’s the view from my mailbox.

Plans today include running into town for lunch and stops at ALDI and Big Lots, looking for a frame for MrsT’s certificate. Hoping I can get by on the cheap, haha!

I’ve also got the ingredients out for what will be my last chili entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom