Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the same way, but at least I know why - I don't like the constant attention/maintenance that a garden requires.

I want to plant 'em then forget 'em until time to pick. That's why I can just about manage a small herb garden, and even that's touch-and-go (my dill lasted about two weeks before giving up the ghost). That's why I like flowers - the most I have to do with them is the occasional watering.

Today, it was a wonderfully refreshing 48F upon rising, expected high of 69F (compared to 91F yesterday). Yay! According to the local news, we set six high temp records this summer. Six!

Plans include laundry (I'm a day behind on that), going into town for meds and groceries, it's also a work day, and I'm going to try like hell to get the damn floor vacuumed. That's about 10 days past due.

Same here, I love to grow from seed then hand over to the wife, she's the gardener. Her problem then. Our basil was amazing last year, they don't like too much heat so my wife says. We freeze it as well.

Russ

Making breakfast now, then I've got to go out and get ingredients for tonight's meal. MrsTasty has specifically requested a baked spaghetti I like to make, which is unusual, as she's not a big tomato sauce enthusiast, so I'm taking advantage.

At some point, I simply must vacuum the carpet; I've put it off for days, and I've noticed the dog has been leaving Milk Bone crumbs all over the place.

I've planned another long run later, although I think I will have to postpone it because of the bad weather ahead ...
In that case, I will continue to read drinking an herbal tea
Thanks for reminding me. For weeks now, I have been wanting to make a pitcher of iced tea. I like to put slices of fresh ginger in it. I keep forgetting to make it. Going out to the kitchen now. Thank you!!!!!

And you’ve just given me an idea about fresh ginger to put in tea! Thanks :okay:
Your welcome lol I made the tea, drinking some now. Opps, forgot the lemon. DH is not that big a fan of ginger, so I hold back a little. And I have to hold back on some of the sugar. Hope you like the ginger.

Monday, working from home, and I'm on call this week, yuck!

I have a doc's appointment for myself for a change, and leftover spaghetti from last night, so no cooking today.

And the floors. I've got to do them today. Still didn't get to them yesterday.

My plans for today? Same as yesterdays, and the day before, and the day before that and........................🤪

So here's how my doc appointment went:

BP a tad high, weight just under 200 lbs (which is my cutoff), heart rate ok, went over most recent bloodwork (all good), blood and urine donated for another check.

Then this exchange:

"I know your wife has some health issues, how's she doing?"

<Filled him in on the eye surgeries, ENT stuff, and recent heart attack>

"You know...I have a lot of couples like that; one will be frail or have everything wrong with them, the other one, pretty healthy overall."

<Pause>

"Here's the weird thing - it's always the healthy one that drops dead for no reason. Just...plop!...and they're dead. Isn't that strange?"

Thanks, doc. 😒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom