Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what my plans are today besides work. I'll admit that, during the week, I don't like to have too many other plans apart from work, because work is such a mental drain.

I'm working from home today, and just for fun, I've decided to track how much of my time my dog consumes. So far, she's been up for one hour exactly, and I've had to tend to her for 25 minutes, so nearly half the time she's been up, I've been watering, feeding, pilling, and taking her outside.

Today: besides the routine stuff:

Call the vet and find out if the cat, Serenity, has diabetes, kidney failure or both - or if she's (hopefully but right now I am dubious) just fine. Or if I need to bring Obi-Wan back in for similar tests - since Serenity has lost the most weight, they decided to spare my budget and test her first. They went to the vet yesterday for checkups. Serenity is nearly 18, Obi-wan just turned 13.

FINALLY refurbish my wrought iron patio furniture. This will work into a nice day for spraying the furniture with the new paint.

Go to the Community Center for lunch (on the menu, grilled cheese).

Do yard cleanup and other exterior maintenance - once it gets a tad warmer out there. Dropped to high 30s F overnight.

Move some stuff that doesn't need to be up here upstairs to the basement.

Make a Greek dish with ground lamb and kebabs that I'll post next week or at least shortly. I'll have it for dinner.

Work, lunch then we are going to the vet to collect the food for our cat, pay for our new carpet and arrange a date for it to be fitted them my husband is looking to buy 2 plane tickets for next year's holiday :hyper:

more of this today

Work, lunch then we are going to the vet to collect the food for our cat, pay for our new carpet and arrange a date for it to be fitted them my husband is looking to buy 2 plane tickets for next year's holiday :hyper:
Almost add much as we spent 2 weekends ago when we finally decided we needed to change our sofa and ended up but a suite 2x2 +1. All 5 are electric recliners! It was after getting the news regarding hubby's ankles and him needing major surgery on both of them.

My immediate plan is to return to bed to try for another 2 hrs sleep. It's nearly 4am right now, but I was too warm after having to shut the windows during the night when a thunderstorm came through. It was really blowy and there was every chance things were getting wet...
The result was that I overheated, and am now really thirsty.

Found out yesterday that my cat may have an early stage of kidney dysfunction - just make sure she gets plenty of water on demand, and watch her eagle-eyed. Behavior and eating. (She's the one in the front on my avatar image.)

Power outage for 24 hours. If you "saw" me, it was eating out away from home. Power back, so I can use the comfy laptop. I get horrid cell reception in my rural country setting.

Yesterday I sanded down the wrought iron patio furniture, but it was too windy to spray paint this stuff. Although otherwise the temps were sunny and inviting.

As the temps here are 55 F or a little higher, I am about to log out and go spray paint them (one side). Tomorrow, the flip side. It's gotta get done. The temps are not going to improve... And the cans say to use at 55 or above.

Yesterday I sanded down the wrought iron patio furniture, but it was too windy to spray paint this stuff. Although otherwise the temps were sunny and inviting.
I have exactly the same problem with a wooden table on the veranda. It too, had been sanded down but ever since it had been too windy to varnish it despite lovely warm weather.

My immediate plan is to return to bed to try for another 2 hrs sleep. It's nearly 4am right now, but I was too warm after having to shut the windows during the night when a thunderstorm came through. It was really blowy and there was every chance things were getting wet...
The result was that I overheated, and am now really thirsty.
That failed. I did manage to get back to bed after opening some windows, but it didn't last long. I've been awake since 5 am just waiting for the alarm. I've given up and gotten up.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're going to check out a seafood market/cafe place a friend told Craig about yesterday. They are supposed to have a fantastic selection of seafood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom