Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today:

I was going to go down to H-Mart, in Hartsdale New York, about 2.5 hours from here. BUT it is raining cats and dogs and so I am postponing that trip. (I would have had to have left a half hour ago.) Afterwards I was going to drive back up to a home where we are going to have an early dinner and then a celebration for the Halloween season, 1 hour back up from Hartsdale.

PS: H-Mart - it is a Korean grocery store, of supermarket sized proportions, with all sorts of east Asian foods available, in a clean and spotless environment. They also have some western produce too. Lots of produce from everywhere...

Well, I'm still going down to the celebration, but don't have to leave until shortly before noon. It will be a two hour trip to the celebration, and two hours back, saving me some driving and time, and the roads will be easier in this weather.

On the way down, I'll stop at the supermarket and purchase some fruit to bring as our dessert, as well as finding the last thing or two I need for my Cookbook Challenge.

Otherwise: I've already cleaned out (but not yet scrubbed - I'll do that tomorrow) my fridge - see my "What I ate for breakfast" contribution. I want to collect a bunch of trash to dump at the dump on the way out (we are rural enough we don't have trash pickup service), and during a lull in the rain, lug out 25 more pounds of chicken feed to the ladies. Assuming we have a lull.

Halloween binder?
Nope, sorry - hint - one of the ingredients, but I do have a Halloween binder if anyone needs any ideas or recipes for Halloween. Glad to help out. lol

It's the sugar binder-brown sugar to be exact.

Last edited:
Working from home for the rest of the week. I'll probably try and get the screens out of the windows, get the patio furniture stored, the garden hoses, and winterize the mower by the weekend. Also planning on getting the majority of the Christmas lights up, before it turns too cold.

Been struggling with MrsTasty's health, which is becoming the usual, it seems.

They put her on a beta blocker, but she had a severe reaction to that after about 10 days, so they took her off that and put her on another heart med, and now, a couple of weeks later, her stomach is so upset, she can't really eat or drink much of anything. It's why I haven't posted any meals lately. She's had probably a day's worth of food in the last week. She's not even drinking tea, just water.

She keeps going back and forth with the doctor, who's cut her dose in half, but it hasn't helped, and now we're trying to figure out if this is something unrelated, like an intestinal bug or something like that. More phone calls to doctors today, which seems to be our main jobs lately.

Working from home for the rest of the week. I'll probably try and get the screens out of the windows, get the patio furniture stored, the garden hoses, and winterize the mower by the weekend. Also planning on getting the majority of the Christmas lights up, before it turns too cold.

Been struggling with MrsTasty's health, which is becoming the usual, it seems.

They put her on a beta blocker, but she had a severe reaction to that after about 10 days, so they took her off that and put her on another heart med, and now, a couple of weeks later, her stomach is so upset, she can't really eat or drink much of anything. It's why I haven't posted any meals lately. She's had probably a day's worth of food in the last week. She's not even drinking tea, just water.

She keeps going back and forth with the doctor, who's cut her dose in half, but it hasn't helped, and now we're trying to figure out if this is something unrelated, like an intestinal bug or something like that. More phone calls to doctors today, which seems to be our main jobs lately.

I'm sorry to hear this about Mrs. Tasty
I really hope she can get better soon 🌻

MypinchofItaly - thanks. Up until 2010, she was as healthy as a mule, but since then, it's been downhill all the way. We've seen way too many doc's offices and hospitals, enough to last two lifetimes. Sitting in one now.

It's just exhausting and demoralizing because it takes up so much of our time and health issues seem to be the largest majority of our conversations and, really, just the way we relate to each other the last near-decade, and it feels like it's never going to end.

Ok, so they took MrsTasty off her current heart med for the next couple of weeks, just to see how she reacts. Less than 24 hours from her last dose, she feels better, and she was able to keep some toast down at lunch, so that's an improvement.

She also said pot roast sounded good for tomorrow, and it's been a week since anything appealed to her, so that's a good sign as well.

Please tell Mrs. Tasty I am so sorry for what she has to go through. I wish her the best of health and pray for her. I know she will start feeling better real soon. And Mr. Tasty, hang in there and just give your wife all your love and support as you have been.

Ok, so they took MrsTasty off her current heart med for the next couple of weeks, just to see how she reacts. Less than 24 hours from her last dose, she feels better, and she was able to keep some toast down at lunch, so that's an improvement.

She also said pot roast sounded good for tomorrow, and it's been a week since anything appealed to her, so that's a good sign as well.

I’m glad to hear this, cuddles and pot roast for her :)

Plans for today:

Laundry (ugh!) - already started
Cover some stuff before the freeze tonight
Work (double ugh!) - already started
Pot Roast - starting at 1PM

Work will be a bear today because it's end-of-month, I work for a financial institution, and I'm on call this week. Lots of opportunity for disaster.

On the upside, getting our first cold weather of the season, and I'm looking forward to that.

The gardener is here today so I'll need to tell him what I need doing - mainly tidying up, getting rid of leaves, cutting back roses etc. Luckily its a lovely day here. I'm also editing some Halloween food photos to post on the forum. Plus the usual day to day maintenance on the forum & making sure I read everything here. Maybe one day this forum will be so busy that I won't be able to keep up with reading everything...

Then I will cook something - (as yet unknown) for tonight's dinner. It depends what is in the fridge and needs using. There is a rather sad slightly wrinkled aubergine which I may do something with.

The gardener is here today so I'll need to tell him what I need doing - mainly tidying up, getting rid of leaves, cutting back roses etc. Luckily its a lovely day here. I'm also editing some Halloween food photos to post on the forum. Plus the usual day to day maintenance on the forum & making sure I read everything here. Maybe one day this forum will be so busy that I won't be able to keep up with reading everything...

Then I will cook something - (as yet unknown) for tonight's dinner. It depends what is in the fridge and needs using. There is a rather sad slightly wrinkled aubergine which I may do something with.
Our gardener was here yesterday (my DH lol). He was making sure everything was ok and safe for the kids tonight. Be careful what you wish for. I don't know how you can handle everything every day as it is. I am kept real busy just reading what is listed on the "alerts" lol

The kids start early here, so we are just making do with leftover chicken wings from the other night. He also wants to go to the store and get the makings for his favorite coleslaw. Oh, I think I might post it. It is good and tasty. Of course it has blue cheese in it. lol

Hand out Halloween candy.
Then when the winds die down head to the Desert and fetch our RV.
But first, make a delicious sandwich on Toscana Sourdough bread.

I am kept real busy just reading what is listed on the "alerts" lol

I don't read alerts just 'new posts' which covers anything posted since you last logged in. Alerts lists all the 'likes' as well and is therefore a much longer & daunting list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom