Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't read alerts just 'new posts' which covers anything posted since you last logged in. Alerts lists all the 'likes' as well and is therefore a much longer & daunting list.
Let's say I start off with that. If the list isn't too long, I can finish it, but sometimes I get distracted with some of the posts and I do like to read who "likes" what I have said. It is interesting all the different threads that keep popping up. Very seldom (IMHO) does it get too boring here. I can't speak for you and what you must have to go through sometimes. (like a lot of my posts ) lol

I'm excited for today. It's my 5-week meeting with my hair stylist, which means we'll be talking about food (she's a trained chef and baker), and (as I detailed earlier), my hair trim will include some pampering as well, with nice scalp, face, neck, and shoulder massages thrown in.

It’s raining, thus no run today.
I’ve just given up with the idea to go to the pool and swim.
Cooking, reading, maybe my brother will come for lunch... I am at my second coffee and still no-clear head....

We had a carpet on the stairs and at the top, my husband took it up this morning and tidied up so this afternoon he is going to wash down woodwork and walls then paint. I will be ironing then cleaning out our guinea boys cage. They are in the playpen in the lounge scampering about snoozing and eating.

I have no idea what we're doing today. I was up working from 2AM-3:30AM, scheduled maintenance that we're trying to transfer to an offshore team.

Last weekend, they just never showed up (online). This weekend, the fellow was on when I logged in, I said hello via IM, said I needed a few minutes to get things set up, and 10 minutes later, his status had changed to "Meal Break," and the rest of the time I was up working, he was offline. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well, that plan didn't work too well. Started ironing and I noticed a burning smell and smoke coming out of the iron, immediately unplugged it and it is now outside to cool down-need to buy a new one.

Well, that plan didn't work too well. Started ironing and I noticed a burning smell and smoke coming out of the iron, immediately unplugged it and it is now outside to cool down-need to buy a new one.

You're welcome to mine - its brand new condition, used possibly twice in the last 15 years. And both times it wasn't me that used it!

Just had a look at Currys website, who is going to pay £300.00 for an iron :ohmy:
People who iron for a living!

But not me. I don't iron at all anymore. Bedding can cope. Hubby irons his own work shirts. That's it. Nothing else is ironed.

I guess when he had his operation, I might have to help out and iron his work clothes for a few months but then we're going to have to work out how that's managed as it is because he would be able to drive, so I'll have to take him to work. That's ok. It's how me gets home again that is the problem! Taking him is a 125km round trip. Call it 120km for easy maths. That's 75 miles (80km = 50 miles). That is assuming I go home between 8am and 5pm. I won't get home until 9am anyway and will have to leave again at 4pm if I'm collecting him. But that doubles the distance and leaves me driving 150 miles or 240km and 4 hrs driving every single day.

I do hope he doesn't have to go into the office every day initially. Taking him in for physio and rehab is going to be bad enough, but if rehab is only 3 mornings a week, I can just take enough with me to occupy myself for a morning and save a stupid journey (I'd not be home more than an hour before having to leave again which is pointless).

This op is going to make life interesting to say the least.

And it gets repeated on the other leg either 6 months or 12 months later!

But not me. I don't iron at all anymore. Bedding can cope. Hubby irons his own work shirts. That's it. Nothing else is ironed.

Good! Ironing is a waste of life IMHO. Sadly, even in our liberated times (how long have we be saying that?), men are still expected to wear a sort of 'uniform' in certain jobs. I don't really understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom