Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
đź‘Ť What bread are you going to make?
I'm making a whole wheat no-knead loaf. Very easy: three cups of whole-wheat flour, 1/2 cup of steel-cut oats, (I'm going half-and-half between whole wheat and white whole wheat), two teaspoons of salt, one sachet of fast-acting yeast, and 1-1/2 cups of water.

Stir, let rise four hours, then shape it and get it into a loaf pan, then another hour to rise, then 40 minutes at 375F.

We'll see how it comes out, I've never made this before and it's a very wet dough, like cake batter wet. I also wish I'd remembered the old trick of subbing in some OJ for the water to lessen that bitterness 100% whole wheat loaves have. I have a feeling MrsTasty is going to pass on this bread.

I decided to make bread today. And I made a disaster. It seems like a freesbee, thus I guess I created a new toy for my dog

May I join you in your disaster?

The recipe even said to "spray the pan liberally," which I did, but I guess I'm not liberal enough.

The recipe even said to "spray the pan liberally," which I did, but I guess I'm not liberal enough.
I'm no expert on baking, but I do make basic loaves that generally turn out ok. If it helps, using non-stick metal bread tin, and adding a tablespoon of olive oil to the dough seems to prevent the loaf from sticking.

I'm no expert on baking, but I do make basic loaves that generally turn out ok. If it helps, using non-stick metal bread tin, and adding a tablespoon of olive oil to the dough seems to prevent the loaf from sticking.
I make a fair amount of bread, and I use this pan and a crock type one and generally don't have an issue.
Im

I'm putting this one down to a bad recipe. This dough was so wet. I had to pour it into the pan. It was wet like pancake batter, not like a dough at all, and it had no structure.

Flavor's good though. :)

It doesn’t look at me so disastrous... I refused to post my photo, that was really a horrible bread, not yours! Well, at least it was a nice fresbee

Off-year elections, so we'll go vote, but not much to vote for. Two township officials running unopposed, three people running for two school board positions, and the most contentious one, a 30 year tax levy to fund a giant community center.

Then I've got to take the dog in for a jab and I've also got to go in and reschedule a dental appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom