Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today done so far (I woke at 6:30 am, and it's about 9:15 am):

Load of laundry, washed - just moved to dryer.
Quail and cats fed and watered.
Breakfast: 3 egg omelet with sausage, pepperjack cheese, microgreens.
Moved grill outdoors onto deck.
Re-organized master bathroom.
Checked FB and one other online site before coming here.
Made coffee, drank it.
Used Dran-o to de-clog the kitchen sink.
Forgot to mention I am drying some clothing outdoors on the deck.

Now about to: (no particular order except the chickens will be first...) NOTE: back from this first chicken run, three eggs so far today.
Go out and feed, water, collect eggs from the chickens.
Plant some of the fruit trees (I don't have enough topsoil or manure for all).
Set up the egg incubator
Try to reorganize the basement.
Make the next rice dish for the challenge.
Clean the kitchen.

This evening: trash to the town dump *after 4 pm when they open. Check post office and download some text messages where my cell phone gets a real signal.
Zoom bookclub meeting online at 6 pm.
I plan to have dinner about 5 pm so I can go to bed right after the Zoom meeting.

Last edited:
I want some of whatever Mountain Cat is having. good lord I don't get that much done in a week. Today our new couch arrives. I was supposed to move out the old one yesterday but the spouse wanted to wait till today. So now I have to try to get it out the door and clean to make the space ready for the new one. Oh how I miss services like having people haul your old stuff away when they bring new stuff. I had scrambled eggs with green chilies and soft corn tortillas for a delicious breakfast.

I want some of whatever @Mountain Cat is having. good lord I don't get that much done in a week.

I don't get that much done in a month. What have I done today?

Got up at 8.30 AM. Had cup of tea (I didn't make the tea). Logged onto CookingBites. Washed hair. Unlatched side gate for gardener to get in. Made gnocchi with blue cheese for partner's lunch. This took all of 5 minutes with ready made gnocchi. Logged on to CookingBites. Made some cakes. Cakes took 5 mins to mix by hand. 15 mins to cook. Made cup of tea for gardener. Paid gardener.

Its now 3.40 pm and I seem to have done a total of 10 minutes work unless you count washing hair and logging in to CookingBites.

Well, dog food turned into an all-day thing. Went into town (15 minute drive), no dog food. Picked up a couple of other things, and since we were running dangerously low on cheese, popped into ALDI just down the street for that.

Brought that back to the house, then continued 30 minutes down the road to a retail area that had a four possibilities for food, finally found it in the second one.

Had to also stop for fuel - first time since March! 😳

So I left the house about 10AM, now I'm just now home and it's 1:30PM.

Lazy night, tea was yummy, I'll watch the jones channel til 8.30 then head upstairs with a rum n coke.
Replays of are you being served. Quite funny, havnt seen these for 20 years, Mrs soo ombré and her pussy. Some quite risqué talk on it as well, for how old it is. Monty Python is also on.

Russ

Lazy night, tea was yummy, I'll watch the jones channel til 8.30 then head upstairs with a rum n coke.
Replays of are you being served. Quite funny, havnt seen these for 20 years, Mrs soo ombré and her pussy. Some quite risqué talk on it as well, for how old it is. Monty Python is also on.

Russ
For our "vintage viewing," we're watching the first three series of "All Creatures Great And Small," the original "Upstairs, Downstairs," "All In Good Faith," and "Last Of The Summer Wine."

Today, the main thing is going to Sam's Club. We're down to our last roll of paper towels, and about out of kitchen sponges, and I'm hoping they have some butchers' paper. I also prefer to get my foil there, because they sell some restaurant-grade heavy-duty foil that's twice a big and twice as heavy as the foil I can get at Kroger.

I've knocked out the international market visit this week, now Sam's Club, so after this week, back to just weekly visits to Kroger.

My mom loved All Creatures Great and Small. I was more of a Fawlty Towers fan.

CD
I have those on DVD! One of my favorite scenes, something you couldn't get away with now, is where a bratty kid wants ketchup with his chips, and they're out, so Basil points out they have homemade mayo, but the little whiner isn't going for it, starts shouting, and Basil distracts the oblivious parents, then gives the kid a swift forearm to the head. :laugh:

So far today, I've cleaned up the dining room/bar a bit, gone to the vet's for dog meds, gotten gas for the mower, and (spur of the moment) bought a dill plant and four flowers to spruce up the herb garden a bit.

I'm waiting on the power washing guy to come out and give me a quote to clean the house and the deck. Oh, and I've also oiled both my wooden cutting boards, watched an episode of "French Food At Home," (I know what my next cookbook order is), ordered some baking pans, fed the dog, fed ourselves and done some laundry!

So far today, I've cleaned up the dining room/bar a bit, gone to the vet's for dog meds, gotten gas for the mower, and (spur of the moment) bought a dill plant and four flowers to spruce up the herb garden a bit.

I'm waiting on the power washing guy to come out and give me a quote to clean the house and the deck. Oh, and I've also oiled both my wooden cutting boards, watched an episode of "French Food At Home," (I know what my next cookbook order is), ordered some baking pans, fed the dog, fed ourselves and done some laundry!

Busy! I've made a loaf of bread. Hmm... surely I must have done something else today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom