Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 12 plants for the next planter, but pickings were slim. Spring flower planting season is about wrapped up here, and all the garden centers are getting low on stock. That's why you can always tell which planters I did at the beginning of the season and which I did at the end. The first two will look gorgeous, and then through pairs, they'll look progressively worse, and the last two will look like crap.

We are not doing any planters this year because we are busy doing other stuff plus that are more important.

I'm setting up things so I'll have an "easier" cooking day tomorrow and Monday, and not so much time in the kitchen for dinner later today. Made Korean cucumber pickles and bulgogi marinade for a play on traditional, bulgogi. The meat will go into the marinade tomorrow. Going to make pizza dough for tomorrow. Need to make dough for peirogi tonight. Already have the cooked part of the filling made and an onion/garlic/white wine sauce just got finished.

Then, when I'm done with all that, I'll shower and then we have to go to Wal-Mart to pick up some things I ordered for in store pick up and return some new bed pillows I ordered that were WAY bigger than i envisioned them being. Ordered 4 and 2 ended up being plenty. They are HUGE! I though the boxes they came in were overkill. Nope, 2 pillows just fit inside 1 box.

Then to the liquor store and maybe the grocery for lunch meat.

We need to fill in some of dishes that have gotten broken or chipped from BB&B. I've got the dishes in a cart but haven't ordered yet as the closet store is kind of out of the way now that we aren't going in that direction to eat breakfast or lunch out.

Baking bread, will mow during rising sessions. I did a bunch of front garden cleanup this morning, pulled weeds, clipped trees trying to come up, etc. It's almost daylily season and I have a lot so want it to look good. I also need to trim bushes,but maybe tomorrow.

I know, but breakable dishes that i don't want to go through hassle of returning if they don't all make it in 1 piece.
They have a return label with the packing slip in the box. I've ordered for years online and never so far had any issues. Stuff has always been well-packed.

Last edited:
Youngest son is due to visit for lunch today. His designated bubble is his mothers house where he has been staying for a couple of days, so we will be maintaining social distancing rules. Not seen him since February as he lives in London. Weather permitting, we will be setting up a long table in the garden and sitting at opposite ends. Was planning a traditional roast chicken, but given that we will be eating al fresco this has morphed into an Eastern Med menu, based around sumac chicken. Details later.

I am going to mow the front lawn and do some weeding. Today isn't as sunny as yesterday but still quite sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom