Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quiet night tonight, mr7 is having (meat mix from the freezer) nachos, daughter left over butter chicken. Wife and I prolly just toast. Still quite cold here.
Shortest day in about 10 days.

Russ

Laundry, working (from home), cooking later. Everybody's getting a half-day off today, the company at the last minute chucked in with the Juneteenth movement, but I'm on-call, so no half-day for me. :(

Wife's gone to a rugby game, so garden centre later. Horse racing back for the first time in a few months. Gallopers. And crowds on track not distancing, no masks. I'm having a few bets.

Russ

Day 2 of Operation De-clutter. Finish the garage, move on to the shed. Next day the garden and outbuilding. Liberating, and fun finding stuff you haven't seen for years.

I'm failing completely on this front. I've managed to get rid of 2 sacks of clothes - bit that is only because there was a charity roadside collection. The problem is what to do with the clutter. I refuse to put serviceable items into the general rubbish to join landfill - that is just criminal. And charity shops are all still closed. What are you doing with yours?

I just took a load of stuff to Goodwill. I need to make another pass through the house.

Today is mulch day. We'll get the last of the flowers in tomorrow, so yesterday, I turned my attention to weeding, spraying, and mulching and got the first area done, just a couple of bags. I probably have 30 or 40 bags to go. Next year, I'll just buy a truckload from the greenhouse up around the corner.

Yesterday topped out at 90F, but low humidity - today is expected to be 90F and high humidity. It's 8AM and humidity is already at 84%. 😓

I'm failing completely on this front. I've managed to get rid of 2 sacks of clothes - bit that is only because there was a charity roadside collection. The problem is what to do with the clutter. I refuse to put serviceable items into the general rubbish to join landfill - that is just criminal. And charity shops are all still closed. What are you doing with yours?
Anything of significant value I am taking photo's of, and sending them to eldest son to sell online - he needs the cash at the moment. Stuff that is reusable is being saved for local charity shops, many of which are now re-opening. Junk is being put in a hired skip, as our local recycling centre is not open.

My wife gives her clothes that Shes moved on with, to a charity. I think it's called dress for success?? They help out women who aren't confident in getting a job. They dress them to fit in. They have some great success according to my wife. Now my wife wears top end clothes and shoes, she has an important job and needs to look the part. The clothes she donates may only have been worn once or twice? Same with shoes. Don't get me started on her hair, She recently disclosed by mistake she pays $160 every time at her hair dressers.

Russ

Waiting on heat pump people to ring me back about when they can come and get it started again. Dam cold with a small heater and fighting the dog to get the flow of heat,lmao. Just got a txt, wed is earliest, nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom