Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my MINI. My previous cars were Audis and a Mercedes. The Audis were fast, the MINI is just a little ball of fun on wheels.

BTW, you can get 440 pounds of charcoal in a MINI CooperS. Psycho-poodle was impressed.

View attachment 43655

CD
Do you get the JCW variant over there? New model JCW Countryman announced yesterday - 307 bhp and four wheel drive.

Do you get the JCW variant over there? New model JCW Countryman announced yesterday - 307 bhp and four wheel drive.

Yes, we get the JCW and the GP variants. For now. MINI dealers are dropping like flies. Sales here of new MINIs are in the tank. There is one dealer left in Dallas, and I'm waiting for them to close. They are a BMW dealership, so they are probably getting financial incentives to keep the MINI brand. My MINI dealer was the same company my dad and I bought our Audis from. I'm guessing they probably didn't get those incentives.

CD

Sat midday here, my syndicate bet. We have a syndicate of 9 we put $5 in a week. I got back 50 last week so it's my turn again. Betting in oz and here at Riccarton which is a 5 min drive from me. We may pop over and watch a few as well. Shopping for the coming week as well. Cruisy day though.

Russ

Having finally brought my grill out from the shed yesterday for the first time in 3 years, I am planning on using it again today. Yesterday I used it to smoke mackerel using apple wood. Today I am off in search of some proper lumpwood charcoal to have a go at a tomahawk steak that my wife bought from the butchers on Saturday. It may be pouring down with rain, and I am not skilled in the art of the bbq, but what could possibly go wrong?

Hotter than crap out again today, ground is as hard as concrete, though we're supposed to get some good showers tomorrow. 🤞

I have a week off next month. Spoke with MrsTasty and we've decided a couple of half-day trips are in order. There are a couple of Amish shops about 90 minutes in either direction, a couple of specialty butchers we like, bakeries, and produce stands, so we're going to do that.

That means I'm planning a couple of picnic menus so we don't have to stop and sit down inside to eat. We'll have nice picnics in a couple of parks here and there.

Hotter than crap out again today, ground is as hard as concrete, though we're supposed to get some good showers tomorrow. 🤞

I have a week off next month. Spoke with MrsTasty and we've decided a couple of half-day trips are in order. There are a couple of Amish shops about 90 minutes in either direction, a couple of specialty butchers we like, bakeries, and produce stands, so we're going to do that.

That means I'm planning a couple of picnic menus so we don't have to stop and sit down inside to eat. We'll have nice picnics in a couple of parks here and there.
I love picnic food. Looking forward to seeing your menus.

Nothing, it's the start of the Eastern European tourist invasion, the Dubrovnik coastal road runs through Podstrana so it's been jammers. We walked down to the beach at 06.00 hrs this morning it was 28c my wife swam I paddled. Olga does not want me to expose my forehead and back to the sun till they remove the two melanomas. I have just had my lunchtime shake. I will have a snooze then later one we have 4 kg off peppers to char peel vac/pak and freeze for winter.We also have to grill the aubergines for tonight moussaka. The pepper test run below

Not much, I think it's supposed to rain all day. We need it, though, so no complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom