Plans for today (2023)

Zip down to the bakery for some fresh bread.
On zip to the supermarket to buy serviettes and washing powder.
Zip back home and have some breakfast.
Then do little or nothing all day until we go out for NYE, about 10pm.

Hopefully get the energy to make Recipe - Medtran49's gumbo z'herbes today for a meal later on the week.

We'll stay home for NYE as always since I don't want to have to drive due to fools on the road, plus the inevitable fireworks drive our pugs crazy.

Since Trixie came here from Houston, I'm pretty sure she is okay with fireworks, but since getting caught using fireworks in Frisco can get you a $2,000 fine, I don't expect a lot of fireworks noise tonight.

Like you, I don't leave home in my car after dark on NYE.

CD

I need to make a quick run to Walmart for a few items today, which would normally take me about ten minutes in the store, but I figure I can multiply that by at least three today.

I did a test burn on my fireplace yesterday to make sure the flue was operating properly, so tonight, my mom's dog will experience the joy of laying in front of a fire for the first time in her life. I'll snap some pictures to send to my sister to show mom, and I'll post one here. Teddy, AKA: PsychoPoodle LOVED laying by the fireplace.

CD

Hopefully get the energy to make Recipe - Medtran49's gumbo z'herbes today for a meal later on the week.

We'll stay home for NYE as always since I don't want to have to drive due to fools on the road, plus the inevitable fireworks drive our pugs crazy.

Gumbo is busily bubbling. I love this, but it's so much work stripping off the leaves and washing and chopping. At least it makes a lot and freezes well.

Back
Top Bottom