Plans for today (2023)

Later we will be going out for a walk then relax with hot chocolate and cinnamon swirl, a bit of a Christmas tradition.
My cinnamon rolls are not to be, pushed back to NYD.

After all my cooking yesterday, MrsT marveled at how, for the first time she could remember, she wasn’t called on to run out for a last-minute missed ingredient…then I remembered I’d used up nearly all the remaining cinnamon when I’d made that pumpkin pie.

Enjoy your cinnamon swirl and hot chocolate!

My cinnamon rolls are not to be, pushed back to NYD.

After all my cooking yesterday, MrsT marveled at how, for the first time she could remember, she wasn’t called on to run out for a last-minute missed ingredient…then I remembered I’d used up nearly all the remaining cinnamon when I’d made that pumpkin pie.

Enjoy your cinnamon swirl and hot chocolate!

We did thank you.
Glad we walked this morning because it has been pouring down the past few hours.

Gunna have a look at rick Stein book I got.
Gamble and relax after yesterday massive effort. Plan a day out tomorrow.
I may be rich tomorrow as I got secret santa lotto tomorrow night.

Russ

Going to take it easy today. Have two brunch recipes to choose from when everyone realises they are finally a bit hungry again, Eggs Benedict (the gammon version) and Shakshouka - or Chakchouka or even Shakshuka if you don't share the British habit of adding extraneous vowels wherever possible 😆

I suspect they will choose Eggs Benedict.

Was planning to return unwanted Xmas gifts today, but wife informs me she's off to play cards with her buddies at 11am.
Change of plans.
I'm going to make a hot sauce, with some delicious Peruvian "Ají Amarillo" , and then I'm going to put together a few dishes for the Indian Embassy. Yes, they actually called me and asked for some!

Back to work yesterday. Something about having the shop open and prep caught up that is comforting..I let the frozen meals and soups freezers get down in inventory over the last few weeks as we had to keep up with the retail, meat pie, fresh meat and gift basket orders..so..it's meals every day on top of my sandwich counter..yesterday I did 24 chicken dinners, today it will be Mac and cheese, chicken cacciatore. Trying to get about 150 meals in there by closing time Saturday.. But, you never know because we are open at the same time..We have to do some rearranging out front after the xmas shopping spree..

Back
Top Bottom