Plans for today (2023)

Tomorrow’s plans are to cook. I've got a mushroom dish to make for Christmas Day lunch and the pavlova this year has been changed to a chocolate tofu torte.... it's for 600g of chocolate in it (6 bars of Lindt) and a 7th for decoration!

That's all in doing tomorrow, except for writing a Christmas card or two.

Tomorrow’s plans are to cook. I've got a mushroom dish to make for Christmas Day lunch and the pavlova this year has been changed to a chocolate tofu torte.... it's for 600g of chocolate in it (6 bars of Lindt) and a 7th for decoration!

That's all in doing tomorrow, except for writing a Christmas card or two.
I’d be interested to know about your mushroom dish, is it the ‘meat’ of your main course? I’ve always wanted a go to vegan Christmas dish but never found one worked for all of us.

Today I’ll be taking in two mega sized shopping deliveries, cooking bits n bobs, wrapping gifts and doing dull housework chores. As a reward I’ve ordered breakfast for everyone from a local cafe which is a nice treat, should be here in about 30 minutes nom nom nom 😋

Today I'm going to try not to do anything...
However, I'll have to think of what to do with the artichokes I bought yesterday, and I'll definitely have to go and buy some artisan chocolate (for a Christmas gift exchange) Other than that, I might just sit in front of the telly and watch football!

I’m out right now, just finishing breakfast. Getting the last of the food in for Christmas Day, then scooting home to start some of the cooking early.

Today’s task was an easy one. I took the pictures down from the hallway, pulled out the wall anchors, and spackled the holes in the wall. We’ll paint it next week.

No tasks for the next three days - I’m tired from all I’ve done over the past week!

Pulling the prime rib from the freezer, then into refrigerator so I can salt it tomorrow. Also to strain and package some previously made tomatillo and chile de arbol salsa for carnitas and TBD in future. Need to break down smoked turkey breast and portion for freezer, but don't know if that will get done or not today. I'm debating on using the carcass to make stock for our smoked turkey and wild rice soup that we always make when we have smoked turkey.

Xmas lunch 25 hrs away. I might be first with pics. 12 here tomorrow. I have more than enough. I will make a few meals for my b.i.l to take home with him. He lives alone and lives 2 hrs south of us in timaru.
Load of smalls in washing machine. See how I multitask??
Big day tomorrow .

Russ

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standing here outside my door
I hate to lock you up to say good-bye
But the dusk is setting, it's evening now
The UBER's waiting He's blowing his horn
Already I'm so depressed that I could cry

'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, home, I hate to go.
🎶

Flying to Houston tonight for Christmas, a memorial for dad, and a tag-team beat down from mom and sister.

We have to tell mom that she can't keep her dog, and then I have to pack it's stuff and drive back to Frisco with my new dog, and train it in the ways of the Caseydog.

CD

We have to tell mom that she can't keep her dog,
Once you’re back and settled, do you think your sister would be able to help your mom with the occasional FaceTime/Zoom call, so she can still see her dog from time to time? That might be nice.

With my mom, we had to do the same thing, rehome her pooch, and she was very close to him. We were all worried about it, but after about a week or so, she forgot all about him.

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go
I'm standing here outside my door
I hate to lock you up to say good-bye
But the dusk is setting, it's evening now
The UBER's waiting He's blowing his horn
Already I'm so depressed that I could cry

'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, home, I hate to go.
🎶

Flying to Houston tonight for Christmas, a memorial for dad, and a tag-team beat down from mom and sister.

We have to tell mom that she can't keep her dog, and then I have to pack it's stuff and drive back to Frisco with my new dog, and train it in the ways of the Caseydog.

CD
Somehow all 5 responses seen to apply... love, like, sad, laugh and wow.

Best wishes.

Every year my brother drags up the fact that our biological father's birthday is the 24th December. Now he drags out the 26th as being the day is ex-wife told him the 'marriage' was over. It had been over for 2 decades at the point, they'd just not accepted it. He tries very hard to be cross and angry, grumpy and annoying at this time of year.

For us though it's birthday(s) and wedding anniversary week in-between St Stephen's Day and Hogmanay.

Once you’re back and settled, do you think your sister would be able to help your mom with the occasional FaceTime/Zoom call, so she can still see her dog from time to time? That might be nice.

Nice? I can see that plying out in my head. If I ever feel like my life is way to easy, and I need more anxiety in it, I'll give that shot.

CD

Back
Top Bottom