Plans for today (2024)

I am hoping that I can finish the never-ending veggie patch weeding today, and hopefully get some of my annuals potted up as well.

I am so over the weeding (and I hate weeding anyway), but it needs to be done.

I am hoping that I can finish the never-ending veggie patch weeding today, and hopefully get some of my annuals potted up as well.

I am so over the weeding (and I hate weeding anyway), but it needs to be done.
I totally understand, although I have no garden of my own, but a flower bed, however I do remember the backache, armache...take good rest!

Today's plans are
  • Food shopping
  • Collecting & buying wood for the fire (lots of shifting heavy wood logs around)
  • Splitting some of those logs (hubby's back is out)
  • Bike shop (near to wood)
  • Car shop (also near wood)
  • Home again to gardening. There's a veg plot needing weeding...
  • Uni prep.
  • Buy a new router
I suspect quite a few will end up on tomorrow list, but some wood needs splitting else we've no heating at all. We're out of split wood.

Today's plans are
  • Food shopping
  • Collecting & buying wood for the fire (lots of shifting heavy wood logs around)
  • Splitting some of those logs (hubby's back is out)
  • Bike shop (near to wood)
  • Car shop (also near wood)
  • Home again to gardening. There's a veg plot needing weeding...
  • Uni prep.
  • Buy a new router
I suspect quite a few will end up on tomorrow list, but some wood needs splitting else we've no heating at all. We're out of split wood.
Go, go, go! 🥰

My usual Saturday gadabouting while MrsT chats with her bestie, this time going to Sam’s Club to pick up these:

IMG_8377.png

MrsT has wanted these for a while, and my at my dental appointment last week, my rather kooky hygienist recommended them for the first time, so off I go.

Also going to get a giant bag of coffee beans.

My usual Saturday gadabouting while MrsT chats with her bestie, this time going to Sam’s Club to pick up these:

View attachment 113955

MrsT has wanted these for a while, and my at my dental appointment last week, my rather kooky hygienist recommended them for the first time, so off I go.

Also going to get a giant bag of coffee beans.
Over the years, we've owned 3 of them, different models. The original had the battery fail just outside of the warranty which was exceptionally annoying. I contacted Phillips because it was literally a month out and they replaced it on goodwill (i had registered it for warranty purposes.) The replacement is still going strong despite moving to Australia with us 8 years ago (so it's more 10 years old), but we had an issue with it 2 years ago when it stopped charging. Buying a new one showed that it was actually the charging station that had failed, not the toothbrush, so we now have 2 models both charging from the same charger.

Is "kooky" = cocky?

Over the years, we've owned 3 of them, different models. The original had the battery fail just outside of the warranty which was exceptionally annoying. I contacted Phillips because it was literally a month out and they replaced it on goodwill (i had registered it for warranty purposes.) The replacement is still going strong despite moving to Australia with us 8 years ago (so it's more 10 years old), but we had an issue with it 2 years ago when it stopped charging. Buying a new one showed that it was actually the charging station that had failed, not the toothbrush, so we now have 2 models both charging from the same charger.

Is "kooky" = cocky?
It means eccentric or a bit 'out there'

Took a grocery haul over to my Mother's apartment to get her pretty stock for while we're gone ✔️
Started to put things together that will go with us to Hawaii ✔️
Walmart curbside pick up order placed for Honolulu (17 items in my cart $85USD) ✔️
Sunday Pasta Supper ready to go ✔️
Relaxing now with a glass of Wine ✔️✔️

I'd planned a nice quiet day doing nothing.
And then I thought: "why do nothing, when you cna do something?"
So I watered the tomato, chile, fenugreek and tomatillo seedlings, followed by the peppers and tomato plants in the kitchen garden ( only 2mtsx2mts). Then I decided to fumigate them all with insecticide. I refilled and fumigated all the orchids ( about 20 of them, that's all I've got left). Then I picked up some more green mangoes (drops from the tree - it's too dry for them to hang on) and made some Rajasthani Mango pickle. Then I used some leftover pineapple, plus mangoes, plus passion fruit, plus oranges, to make some tropical fruit jam. Time for lunch so I made a roasted tomato sauce with bacon and cream for some pasta. Finally, I gave the dog a piece of bread, because that's what he loves.
I've come to the conclusion that I don't do "nice, quiet days".

I'd planned a nice quiet day doing nothing.
And then I thought: "why do nothing, when you cna do something?"
So I watered the tomato, chile, fenugreek and tomatillo seedlings, followed by the peppers and tomato plants in the kitchen garden ( only 2mtsx2mts). Then I decided to fumigate them all with insecticide. I refilled and fumigated all the orchids ( about 20 of them, that's all I've got left). Then I picked up some more green mangoes (drops from the tree - it's too dry for them to hang on) and made some Rajasthani Mango pickle. Then I used some leftover pineapple, plus mangoes, plus passion fruit, plus oranges, to make some tropical fruit jam. Time for lunch so I made a roasted tomato sauce with bacon and cream for some pasta. Finally, I gave the dog a piece of bread, because that's what he loves.
I've come to the conclusion that I don't do "nice, quiet days".
That's exactly how my planned quiet day's go!
I think I could do with doing a little something, don't need to waste a day and the next thing I know I've been on my feet for 16 hours and done a lot of things I had no plans too, Mr SSOAP always does the same thing - raises an eyebrow, smiles and says "So how has the doing nothing gone?" 😆

That's exactly how my planned quiet day's go!
I think I could do with doing a little something, don't need to waste a day and the next thing I know I've been on my feet for 16 hours and done a lot of things I had no plans too, Mr SSOAP always does the same thing - raises an eyebrow, smiles and says "So how has the doing nothing gone?" 😆
For some reason, I am really good about sticking to not doing much of anything. But usually it still involves cooking something! DH asked me last night when we got home from nephew's holiday party what I was doing today, and I told him I was sleeping in and had no plans to do much of anything. And I did sleep in. I slept until noon. Today I have managed to line up some work for the week ahead while drinking my tea and coffee, cooked hubby brunch, and got the dishes done. I also placed a grocery order to pick up in a bit and I will get dinner cooked. So that's something but it's still not much!

For some reason, I am really good about sticking to not doing much of anything. But usually it still involves cooking something! DH asked me last night when we got home from nephew's holiday party what I was doing today, and I told him I was sleeping in and had no plans to do much of anything. And I did sleep in. I slept until noon. Today I have managed to line up some work for the week ahead while drinking my tea and coffee, cooked hubby brunch, and got the dishes done. I also placed a grocery order to pick up in a bit and I will get dinner cooked. So that's something but it's still not much!

I'm good at doing nothing, I enjoy it but whenever I actually plan to do nothing most of the time else takes over 🤣

As for the lie in, the tea and coffee drinking, I adore you 😆

Back
Top Bottom