Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting up sweet corn 🌽 for the freezer. Pots of water are on the stove, knives sharpened, counters covered with plastic/Saran wrap and parchment paper for easier clean up. Better half is at the farm picking the corn...

Putting up sweet corn 🌽 for the freezer. Pots of water are on the stove, knives sharpened, counters covered with plastic/Saran wrap and parchment paper for easier clean up. Better half is at the farm picking the corn...
All done - 9 dozen mostly white corn yielded 38 - two cup freezer bags. When yellow corn comes on next week, we will put that up.

Tomorrow I will attempt to make almond milk yogurt for the 13436 time. I’ve made it unsuccessfully several times, either it just didn’t thicken or the texture was odd (but most often it didn’t thicken), I stopped attempting it because I was getting too frustrated but I really love almond milk yogurt and it’s so expensive so I’m giving it another go. Please channel all your good energies to my almond milk and let’s hope I can have almond milk yogurt tomorrow otherwise I’ll be a very grumpy girl.

Tomorrow I will attempt to make almond milk yogurt for the 13436 time. I’ve made it unsuccessfully several times, either it just didn’t thicken or the texture was odd (but most often it didn’t thicken), I stopped attempting it because I was getting too frustrated but I really love almond milk yogurt and it’s so expensive so I’m giving it another go. Please channel all your good energies to my almond milk and let’s hope I can have almond milk yogurt tomorrow otherwise I’ll be a very grumpy girl.
You can do it!

(But if you can't, that's ok, too. :laugh:

May the force be with you.

P.S. I need you to absolutely nail this mission, then come back with detailed notes on your success.

Today, I am thinking pork. What I really want is lamb, or better still goat, but I can't seem to buy it around here in a cut that I can do justice to with limited cooking facilities. So it will probably be pork, either chops or cubed to make Afelia.

You eat a lot of corn! What is the difference between this corn and the yellow you refer to? In the UK we only get corn that yellow.
Yes, we do eat a lot of corn that we put up otherwise, if store bought, not so much. We share with family and friends. Local sweet corn is a generations old tradition ( farmers) in our family. There really isn't much of a difference between yellow and white other than the yellow is said to have a higher beta carotene content. There is also bi color which is mixture of white/yellow on the same ear. Local grown sweet corn should be eaten or frozen/canned on the same day it is picked otherwise the sugars in the corn break down and you lose the sought after sweet corn flavor.

epicuric I have great news for us. I succeeded at the almond milk yogurt. Texture wise it's perfect. Taste wise is a bit bland but now that I've cracked the code I can work on the flavors. I think I will post the recipe tomorrow. I've made so many mistakes with this the recipe is going to be lengthy. I cannot explain the moment when I opened my "yogurt maker" and the apprehension gave way to the joy of realizing I had made a perfect yogurt. Heroic poems have been written for feats of smaller importance.
Image from iOS (159).jpg

epicuric I have great news for us. I succeeded at the almond milk yogurt. Texture wise it's perfect. Taste wise is a bit bland but now that I've cracked the code I can work on the flavors. I think I will post the recipe tomorrow. I've made so many mistakes with this the recipe is going to be lengthy. I cannot explain the moment when I opened my "yogurt maker" and the apprehension gave way to the joy of realizing I had made a perfect yogurt. Heroic poems have been written for feats of smaller importance.
View attachment 46340
:highfive:

View attachment 46340
You star! I shall look forward to the recipe, whilst practising the long forgotten art of heroic poem writing.

Yes, we do eat a lot of corn that we put up otherwise, if store bought, not so much. We share with family and friends. Local sweet corn is a generations old tradition ( farmers) in our family. There really isn't much of a difference between yellow and white other than the yellow is said to have a higher beta carotene content. There is also bi color which is mixture of white/yellow on the same ear. Local grown sweet corn should be eaten or frozen/canned on the same day it is picked otherwise the sugars in the corn break down and you lose the sought after sweet corn flavor.

The difference is very subtle, but I prefer white corn. Better still, I mostly buy the bi-color corn. It may all be my imagination, but I do taste a subtle difference.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom