Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cruises - I've been on one proper cruise (Princess/Alaska) and one riverboat cruise (Uniworld/Danube from Passau, Germany to Budapest) and I liked them both, though I didn't expect to.

MrsTasty has been on too many to count, and has four or five free cruise credits to use up, but because we're not retired, we can never find the right cruise at the right time. Good thing they never expire.

She's set to go on a cruise in March with a friend (I don't even know where), but she's a little skittish about it, because another cruise line just cancelled a cruise for one of her clients, and that was an Aug 2021 cruise, so they're definitely looking that far out and cancelling things.

Plans - well, it's a work day, and I do have some stuff to do (that I don't really want to do), and on top of that, I have to pot up another mum, which involves transplanting the flowers that are currently in that pot, and I have a kitchen-related DIY project that I'm going to work on today and hopefully finish this weekend. It'll either go really well or be a disaster.

I was very reluctant to go on a cruise when Karen and I first got together. I had put together a spearfishing trip to the Dry Tortugas with a bunch of friends on a boat out of Naples, FL. The old owner/captain had sold the boat to new owners. He was at the bar we stopped at before boarding. He said "Hold on to your ass". There was a hurricane headed in that direction. The new captain decided we were a go. So the boat left the dock headed for FT. Jefferson. As we got close the seas had built to 21' and rising. The captain pulled up to the dock at Ft. Jefferson and we spent our trip in Ft. Jefferson as the hurricane passed over the island. When we headed back to Naples, the seas were still at 21'. I swore to myself that I would never expose anyone to a situation that I couldn't control. I had a Masters ticket for 50 tons of near coastal steam at the time. That captain should never have left the dock in Naples.

My plan for this morning was to buy smart tops for work and going out, trouble is the summer stuff are in the sales-bright colours, frills, polka dots etc...which don't suit me at all, the winter stuff is coming back in but I don't need 'warm stuff' so a very disappointing trip, however I did get new shoes for work and 4 tops just not the type of tops I wanted.

Marco Polo
I know the Marco Polo (named after the Croatian Explorer from Korcula) She was built in a classic manner for ocean crossing. Steel plate and rivets, safe as houses. Under a thousand pax, after Orient/Herrod bought and refitted her she became a thing of beauty. Our close friend Nik Captained another beauty for a time, he is politically very similar to me.
Inside a captain's mind

Seafarers rarely talk about politics or religion at sea but when they do it is normally in an amusing way. On the visiting cruiseship Mona Lisa, Captain Nik Giannakopoulos, said: "One politician in the water is pollution. All the politicians in the water is the solution."

I know the Marco Polo (named after the Croatian Explorer from Korcula) She was built in a classic manner for ocean crossing. Steel plate and rivets, safe as houses. Under a thousand pax, after Orient/Herrod bought and refitted her she became a thing of beauty. Our close friend Nik Captained another beauty for a time, he is politically very similar to me.
Inside a captain's mind

Seafarers rarely talk about politics or religion at sea but when they do it is normally in an amusing way. On the visiting cruiseship Mona Lisa, Captain Nik Giannakopoulos, said: "One politician in the water is pollution. All the politicians in the water is the solution."View attachment 46170

Filipino crewed. It was amazing. Food was beautiful.

Russ

Filipino crewed. It was amazing. Food was beautiful.
One of the secrets those old Liners have is a crew kitchen. There is no chef. The food is spontaneous and represents the crew who are off duty roots. Most of the crews mess rooms I have been in are predominantly Filipino. Ships with Greek Captains and officers are great at Easter. Most Captains I know will set up an oil drum BBQ on the bridge deck, raid the pantry and grill great food. Then the dancing begins. For some reason photobucket has cut our heads off. Pic 1 easter Pic 2 formal

Going out for a short run, frizzy air outside

Totally smart working today
Some shopping to the BIO store
Probably I’ll make a chocolate cake today
If I’ll find still the energy, probably another run later in the afternoon

my plans for today, didn't involve getting up at 2am but then my back is still hurting me and it is only 8 days since my back surgery & apparently it will take 6-8 weeks to get over the surgery from a healing point of view. It will take 3 months for the electrodes to be permanently fixed in place and not move around (alongside the spinal card). so I guess I've got a few were early mornings ahead of me yet. And the problem with back surgery for some one who can only sleep on their back is that they end up sleeping on the operation site and mine has said enough lying on me for tonight.

So plans...
sleep can be crossed off the list
Shopping can also be crossed off the list (hubby doing that one)
knitting should be able to remain on the list
sewing buttons onto finished cardigan
making some more face masks (both for families in the UK and and for sale in Aus)
terrorising Catching up on here.
terrorising the 5 3 week old chicks living in our sitting room

that's it really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom