Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching races I have trifectas running on the card. Yeah I like to gamble. Thinking I might have a takeaway later tonight. Thinking KFC ? It's almost 3 pm here.
Home alone I'll watch Netflix later.

Russ

I had my first flu shot before the winter of 2013 and after my heart attack. In Jan we went for our usual month to Miami Dade. The last week we went on a lousy Carnival cruise. Even with a cat 12 suite it was sxxt. A few days after on return to the UK Mrs Blank developed a very very bad strain of flu. I had never seen anything like it. I looked after her every need and waited to be infected. Never happened, since then we both have the jab and we have not had a repeat.

I had my first flu shot before the winter of 2013 and after my heart attack. In Jan we went for our usual month to Miami Dade. The last week we went on a lousy Carnival cruise. Even with a cat 12 suite it was sxxt. A few days after on return to the UK Mrs Blank developed a very very bad strain of flu. I had never seen anything like it. I looked after her every need and waited to be infected. Never happened, since then we both have the jab and we have not had a repeat.

Never been on a cruise, and now I won't ever!! About 4 cruise ships in Aussie waters , for weeks and weeks, confined to a cabin. No,thanks.

Russ

The last week we went on a lousy Carnival cruise. Even with a cat 12 suite it was sxxt.
MrsTasty, travel agent extraordinaire, won't sell Carnival cruises. Clients will sometimes ask for that, because they'll check prices online and Carnival almost always comes in the least expensive, but she tells them it's the one cruise line she doesn't work with because their customer satisfaction rating is so low, she doesn't want them having a bad time, nor does she want the Carnival stink to rub off on her stellar reputation.

Carnival stink
All our friends in the Miami Greek Cruise Ship mafia warned us. But we did not listen. Mrs Blank ( ex Celebrity Maitre D ) was incensed at the filthy dining rooms. We actually left the mandatory lifeboat drill in disgust. A Staff Captained with security came to our suite to take us back. Marina showed him her Seaman's ID and Miami Coastguard Ships Firefighters certificate and then told them to F off or she would report them. We brought food back from each port and ate in our suite.

All our friends in the Miami Greek Cruise Ship mafia warned us. But we did not listen. Mrs Blank ( ex Celebrity Maitre D ) was incensed at the filthy dining rooms. We actually left the mandatory lifeboat drill in disgust. A Staff Captained with security came to our suite to take us back. Marina showed him her Seaman's ID and Miami Coastguard Ships Firefighters certificate and then told them to F off or she would report them. We brought food back from each port and ate in our suite.
Kudos to Mrs. Blank...and MrsTasty is a fan of Celebrity. Our cancelled 30th anniversary cruise was to be on Celebrity.

One of my favorite places for shirts is going out of business and we might head down there today. They're having an everything-must-go sale, with all items 75% off, but that usually means they've marked them up double first. :laugh:

I bought two shirts - one in a brown/grey/blue floral print, and one it a white/blue/and the tiniest bit of red floral print.

One is for the highly-unlikely prospect of attending a wedding in October, and the other is for attending the associated reception in May. In either case, paired with a nice sport coat or maybe a gold astro-sign medallion (anyone? :laugh:).

The grill pan, I've been looking for one of those for a long time, sort of forgot about it, and found this All-Clad nonstick one on clearance for $25. Sold!

MrsTasty is a fan of Celebrity
This should make Mrs Tasty laugh . She will know that paxs will murder to get on the Captains Table on formal nights. After sailing in the Carib and Med etc for 12 years she was quite well known. We have three close friends who by now are retired Captains. So like for the Captains formal nights are a pain in the ass for us. We only attend our friends tables as below. This is about 20 yrs ago. My wife is seated at the head of the table near the wait staff so she can issue instructions then in one of her several languages.
Fast forward a few years. Royal Caribbean had launched the Navigator, the massive ship with a huge Ice rink inside. We were in Miami and the itinerary was okay, it also included my birthday date.. ( the best Island in the Carib has propulsion and a Captain ) so I booked a junior suite with balcony. The Captain was a Swede called Bang, we did not know him
Like all Carib Cruises that do not included UK charters, any Brits on board are allocated the same tables in the formal dinning. There was a total of ten couples. They were all up for a good time. On the second night a senior Filipino waiter from another station came to the table with the Maitre d. He asked my wife was she Maitre D Marina and did she remember him. She did apparently he did a fabulous drag act on Crew party nights. The maitre d asked the usual questions and sent a good bottle of shampoo to the suite. The next evening we all planned to start my Birthday in the Champagne and Cigar bar for an aperitif then have dinner and dance the night away in the Latin American bar. We knew it was formal night.
That afternoon I was having a nap, Marina was on the balcony sunbathing and smoking. The phone rang and woke me. This is Captain Bangs assistant. The Captain would like to invite you and your wife to his table for tonight's formal celebration. I replied I will ask my wife, I went on to the balcony and asked her. I said I did not want to go, she agreed and said we will have more fun with our friends. I told the person no thank you we are otherwise engaged. The guy asked did I know etc, I hung up and went back to finish my nap. Little did we know we had been overheard by pax on the balcony either side of us.
Cut to the champagne bar, there was a group of Americans loudly discussing the arrogant Brits in the next suite who turned down the Captains table. I informed them I was that Brit and we refused because we don't want to risk being seated with pompous fools like them.
Cut to dinner with our friends. The maitre d came up and said Mr Steve is it true that you are one of few people that has refused the Captains table because you and your wife were other wise engaged. I looked up and could see 50/60 wait staff watching. I said yes, he shouted yes! The wait staff clapped and cheered. We were invited to the Crew Bar the next night, which is a great honor, much to good to refuse.

Last edited:
The Love Boat,
It was the love boat, The Radio Officer Dimitry a legend in trouser is known far and wide as Dr Amour the Prince of Passion. He is in my debt for giving him the secret key to every woman's cabin. He would get a steward to deliver a box of Baci the Kiss chocolates with his card to his next victims cabin. The chocs and his 2 metre's of white uniform never failed. Each Kiss has a message of love in the wrapping. They were one of the ways I won Mrs Blanks heart etc at sea.

This should make Mrs Tasty . She will know that paxs will murder to get on the Captains Table on formal nights. After sailing in the Carib and Med etc for 12 years she was quite well known. We have three close friends who by know are retired Captains. So like for the Captains formal nights are a pain in the ass for us. We only attend our friends tables as below. This is about 20 yrs ago. My wife is seated at the head of the table near the wait staff so she can issue instructions then in one of her several languages.
Fast forward a few years. Royal Caribbean had launched the Navigator, the massive ship with a huge Ice rink inside. We were in Miami and the itinerary was okay, it also included my birthday date.. ( the best Island in the Carib has propulsion and a Captain ) so I booked a junior suite with balcony. The Captain was a Swede called Bang, we did not know him
Like all Carib Cruises that do not included UK charters, any Brits on board are allocated the same tables in the formal dinning. There was a total of ten couples. They were all up for a good time. On the second night a senior Filipino waiter from another station came to the table with the Maitre d. He asked my wife was she Maitre D Marina and did she remember him. She did apparently he did a fabulous drag act on Crew party nights. The maitre d asked the usual questions and sent a good bottle of shampoo to the suite. The next evening we all planned to start my Birthday in the Champagne and Cigar bar for an aperitif the have dinner and dance the night away in the Latin American bar. We knew it was formal night.
That afternoon I was having a nap, Marina was on the balcony sunbathing and smoking. The phone rang a woke me. This is Captain Bangs assistant. The Captain would like to invite you and your wife to his table for tonight's formal celebration. I replied I will ask my wife, I went on to the balcony and asked her. I said I did not want to go, she agreed and said we will have more fun with our friends. I told the person no thank you we are otherwise engaged. The guy asked did I know etc, I hung up and went back to finish my nap. Little did we know we had been overheard by pax on the balcony either side of us.
Cut to the champagne bar, there was a group of Americans loudly discussing the arrogant Brits in the next suite who turned down the Captains table. I informed them I was that Brit and we refused because we don't want to risk being seated with pompous fools like them.
Cut to dinner with our friends. The maitre d came up and said Mr Steve is it true that you are one of few people that has refused the Captains table because you and your wife were other wise engaged. I looked up and could see 50/60 wait staff watching. I said yes, he shouted yes! The wait staff clapped and cheered. We were invited to the Crew Bar the next night, which is a great honor, much to good to refuse. View attachment 46101
Good story!

There are some real a-holes on cruises, the one big thing I don't like about going on them. They have appreciation levels for travel agents the same as they do for customers, and with Princess, MrsTasty is as high as it goes, and there've been a few times she's had to politely knock another passenger down for bragging about access to this deck or that restaurant, or for treating waitstaff like serfs.

You guys just reminded me of a charity fundraiser I went to dinner on the Marco Polo when it was berthed at lyttleton, a 30 min drive from here. Filipino crewed. About 25 years ago. The food and service was amazing. Still won't get me on a cruise though.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom