Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm off at noon today, to get a head start on the Labor Day weekend here (Monday). This is the first time I can remember where I'm not on-call and therefore ineligible to be released early. Of course...I'm on-call Monday, so I'll probably end up working on the holiday itself.

Plans:

Buy more mulch
Pick up meds (their app suddenly stopped taking my credit card)
Get flu shot
Make an almond dish
Make supper
Laundry
Mow grass
Check out buying some mums
Walk on the treadmill (three miles)

Half of that probably won't happen.

I need to mow the grass -- all 10 X 20 feet of it. Laundry... I need to do it, but I'm not going anywhere, so I'm not motivated to do it. Mums have a 6-hour lifespan in North Texas. You already stole my almond entry.

I do need to get a flu shot.

CD

I need to mow the grass -- all 10 X 20 feet of it. Laundry... I need to do it, but I'm not going anywhere, so I'm not motivated to do it. Mums have a 6-hour lifespan in North Texas. You already stole my almond entry.

I do need to get a flu shot.

CD
I have never had a flu shot before but this year I will.

I have never had a flu shot before but this year I will.

Yes, get one. I didn't get one last year, got the flu, which led to me getting pneumonia, then an infection, and a trip to the ER and a few days in the hospital.

That ended up costing me thousands of dollars. Flu shots are free.

CD

Yes, get one. I didn't get one last year, got the flu, which led to me getting pneumonia, then an infection, and a trip to the ER and a few days in the hospital.

That ended up costing me thousands of dollars. Flu shots are free.

CD
I have a pretty good immune system and have always recovered from illness easily, but I am not getting any younger and it could start becoming debilitating at my age. But it's even more than that now, I feel it's the responsible thing to do to help take the burden off the healthcare system this fall and winter. It's going to be challenging for them to figure out who has the flu and who has COVID-19 since some of the symptoms can be similar, and of course getting both the flu and COVID at the same time would likely kill me anyway.

I have a pretty good immune system and have always recovered from illness easily, but I am not getting any younger and it could start becoming debilitating at my age. But it's even more than that now, I feel it's the responsible thing to do to help take the burden off the healthcare system this fall and winter. It's going to be challenging for them to figure out who has the flu and who has COVID-19 since some of the symptoms can be similar, and of course getting both the flu and COVID at the same time would likely kill me anyway.

Great post!!! Yes, the (Northern Hemisphere) flu season is going to put an extra burden on already stressed healthcare systems. You are absolutely doing the right thing. I hope everyone reads this and does the same!

CD

Great post!!! Yes, the (Northern Hemisphere) flu season is going to put an extra burden on already stressed healthcare systems. You are absolutely doing the right thing. I hope everyone reads this and does the same!

CD

Never had a flu shot, I get flu maybe once in 3 years, my wife had a shot 2 years in a row (free at her work) and had worst flu ever. She won't have them anymore. I will only have covid vaccine if I have to have one to travel. Otherwise I'll take my chances. Btw I'm not anti vax. I just know my body.

Russ

Dropping wife to airport in 2 hrs , conference for a week. Limit of 100 per group, there's 90 going. Btw restaurant we were at last night was full, 70 approx and not 1 mask in sight. And no distancing.

Russ

Never had a flu shot, I get flu maybe once in 3 years, my wife had a shot 2 years in a row (free at her work) and had worst flu ever. She won't have them anymore. I will only have covid vaccine if I have to have one to travel. Otherwise I'll take my chances. Btw I'm not anti vax. I just know my body.

Russ
If you lived in the US, you might change your stance on that. I am glad you do not. Lately I wish I didn't live here, either.

Who knows one way or the other, but I do know this: I'm 54, and I've had a flu shot every year since I was 19, and I've never had the flu in my adult life. Not once. Nor do I want it.

Whether it's flu, or COVID, or a cold, or a blister on my foot, I'm always going to take the path that seems most likely to prevent whatever it is. Get a flu shot and get the flu? Oh well, I did my best. Don't get a flu shot and get the flu? I deserve every bit of misery coming to me.

Russ

No flu shot. I'll take my chances.

No fire extinguisher. I'll take my chances.

No mask (as you have said umpteen times). I'll take my chances.

I wish I lived in your world.

CD

Who knows one way or the other, but I do know this: I'm 54, and I've had a flu shot every year since I was 19, and I've never had the flu in my adult life. Not once. Nor do I want it.

Whether it's flu, or COVID, or a cold, or a blister on my foot, I'm always going to take the path that seems most likely to prevent whatever it is. Get a flu shot and get the flu? Oh well, I did my best. Don't get a flu shot and get the flu? I deserve every bit of misery coming to me.

I've had the flu twice in my adult life. The first time only sucked -- I was around thirty. The second time, seven months ago, I ended up in the hospital -- I was 58 at that time.

I don't play the lottery, or bet on sports. I'm getting a flu shot -- like I should have last year.

CD

CD

You've never met anyone like me, I'm very different. I have all I want, I'm happy. Life's good.
:)

Looking at Portland and Wisconsin I'm glad I don't live in yours. Election is going to be close!!

Russ

CD

Btw just dropped wife off at airport , no mask in sight, but I believe you have to wear one on the plane.?

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom