Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting on the oven lady come and clean our oven. Wife found her on poo pourri book last year, nice young woman who does an amazing job. $50 for 30 to 40 mins, with great conversation between us. Her dads my age and also worked for himself. When she left last time she said not to leave it so long between cleans. We havnt.

Russ

A person who just cleans ovens? Interesting.

I don't use my oven very much -- especially in the summer. I also have the bottom rack covered with aluminum foil, and it catches anything that drips. I hate cleaning ovens. But, I don't know that I'd pay 50 bucks to have it cleaned.

CD

A person who just cleans ovens? Interesting.

I don't use my oven very much -- especially in the summer. I also have the bottom rack covered with aluminum foil, and it catches anything that drips. I hate cleaning ovens. But, I don't know that I'd pay 50 bucks to have it cleaned.

CD

I'm a firm believer in paying people fir knowing what they are doing. It will be like brand new when she leaves.

Russ

I'm a firm believer in paying people fir knowing what they are doing. It will be like brand new when she leaves.

Russ
I just run the clean cycle, which heats up to about a bazillion degrees and burns all the crud on the inside to dust, and once it cools off, I wipe it out with a damp paper towel.

When you say that she cleans it, is she taking things apart and cleaning gas fittings and things like that, or is she just cleaning out the oven?

I just run the clean cycle, which heats up to about a bazillion degrees and burns all the crud on the inside to dust, and once it cools off, I wipe it out with a damp paper towel.

When you say that she cleans it, is she taking things apart and cleaning gas fittings and things like that, or is she just cleaning out the oven?

She pulls apart the side metal clips that hold the trays, I started a thread about it. She uses I think?? Caustic spray?? It stinks for a while. I need to do as caseydog says and use foil for the bottom of my oven in future. I don't mind cleaning a loo but I'm not keen on cleaning ovens.

Russ

She pulls apart the side metal clips that hold the trays, I started a thread about it. She uses I think?? Caustic spray?? It stinks for a while. I need to do as caseydog says and use foil for the bottom of my oven in future. I don't mind cleaning a loo but I'm not keen on cleaning ovens.

Russ

I REALLY hate cleaning bathrooms.

CD

The tub/shower combo is the worst!

I don't have one of those in my bedroom "suite." I have what I call my "party shower. It is big enough for a family -- or about six "consenting adults." :ohmy: :laugh: The master bathroom was supposed to have a small shower, and a big "garden tub," as they call it. I had the builder ditch the tub, and build a huge shower, instead.

I have a tub in the second bathroom, should I ever need/want to have a soak. I think I have used it once in 20 years.

CD

Party in the shower pmsl. We have bathroom and shower downstairs and an en suite upstairs which has a shower/ shub where I sit down and wash and shave. It's small compared to downstairs . But it works. I clean neither.

Russ

Party in the shower pmsl. We have bathroom and shower downstairs and an en suite upstairs which has a shower/ shub where I sit down and wash and shave. It's small compared to downstairs . But it works. I clean neither.

Russ

I have a 12-inch square mirror in one end of the party shower. I always shave in the shower. All that hot, moist air makes for a great (comfortable) shave.

CD

Tomorrow is bin day so after dinner I will be sorting the rubbish and recycling then water the houseplants.
The only tv on tonight is 24hrs in police custody.

Well, oh well...after a year of working for free, MrsT has one new vacation booked for a client (Hawaii) and is about to head out to meet with another client (everybody's fully vaccinated) to put together a western US train holiday - something she's never done before, so she's excited about that.

I've got beef stew simmering in the oven, I'm about to have lunch (ramen noodles), then go spray some weeds.

Today was fairly busy at work. Annoying, but makes the day go faster. I was a bit of a sorehead at work all day because, even though I'm not on call this week...I got called last night and ended up working for about 90 minutes. 😠

I did manage, however, to change the oil in the mower. I put it off so long last year that by the time I bought the stuff to do it with, it was too late in the season to bother with it. This will be the last year I do this - next year, I'm paying someone to service it.

I also mowed about 2/3rds of the yard, sprayed the weeds again, and planted the replacement herbs I bought earlier this week.

I'm about to go to bed, but before I do, I'm mixing up some pizza dough for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom