Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? At supermarkets here as you leave there's a community notice board. Plenty of people looking for work etc.

Russ
Nah, over the years in our neighborhood, watching the kids growing up from little ones to moving out on their own, we used to marvel at all the kids lying around the house/yard while the dad would be sweating on the mower. :laugh:

The neighbor across the street mowed our yard once last year, but that was more as a one-time favor while my mower was out of commission.

In between coats again, this new water based enamels are really good. All going pretty smoothly except I need more paint. Bought 1 litre yesterday when I should have got 2.
Trip to Bunnings later.

Russ

There must be a kid in the area that does it cheaper? Put a flyer up? My guy is really good, I leave him extra plants I've grown as well, chillies etc. he weed sprayed my front cobblestone area for nothing as well.

Russ

Two acres is a lot of yard to mow!

CD

Nah, over the years in our neighborhood, watching the kids growing up from little ones to moving out on their own, we used to marvel at all the kids lying around the house/yard while the dad would be sweating on the mower. :laugh:

The neighbor across the street mowed our yard once last year, but that was more as a one-time favor while my mower was out of commission.

My best friend has a big yard. He has a riding mower with a beer cooler attached. I don't know about acres, but it is a six beer size yard. :drink:

CD

My plan for today was driving home from Houston. It's done, and I'm worn out. :sleep:

CD
I love driving, I could get in my car and drive to invercargill right now. I actually have done that for a 5 minute race then come home again, that is ONE long day. 7 hrs each way!!

Russ

I love driving, I could get in my car and drive to invercargill right now. I actually have done that for a 5 minute race then come home again, that is ONE long day. 7 hrs each way!!

Russ

I love to drive on winding country roads in a sports car. The drive between Dallas and Houston is on I-45 (Interstate Highway 45), a long, straight slab of concrete pavement with a whole lot of 18-wheelers (big trucks/lorries). It is boring. There are wrecks and construction delays. The truck drivers don't give a $#!* about anyone else on the road. It is five hours of unpleasantness.

CD

I love to drive on winding country roads in a sports car. The drive between Dallas and Houston is on I-45 (Interstate Highway 45), a long, straight slab of concrete pavement with a whole lot of 18-wheelers (big trucks/lorries). It is boring. There are wrecks and construction delays. The truck drivers don't give a $#!* about anyone else on the road. It is five hours of unpleasantness.

CD
I'm pretty certain you would enjoy driving on our roads, generally people are very good on the roads. I've been in an accident in Bali, I don't recommend driving there. I wasn't driving btw.

Russ

Grocery today.

Strider had a procedure done almost 2 weeks ago. Just got back from getting his stitches out. I should have just taken them out myself instead of taking time to drive over there. At least I would have cleaned the area before removing them. Yes, I have done that before. Even took some of Craig's staples out that he was picking at after his fracture surgery.

Grocery today.

Strider had a procedure done almost 2 weeks ago. Just got back from getting his stitches out. I should have just taken them out myself instead of taking time to drive over there. At least I would have cleaned the area before removing them. Yes, I have done that before. Even took some of Craig's staples out that he was picking at after his fracture surgery.

I've removed my own stitches before, but not staples. My doctor used a special tool to remove the staples. It only took about two seconds per staple.

My most recent surgery was robotic, so they used skin glue for the very small incisions. I couldn't figure out how to get the stuff off. My doctor told me to take a hot, steamy shower, and the skin glue would peal right off. It worked.

CD

I've removed my own stitches before, but not staples. My doctor used a special tool to remove the staples. It only took about two seconds per staple.

CD
You can buy the tool on Amazon for around $5. You can also get steri-strips.

When they first started using staples, they actually used a device very similar to the staple puller you use in an office setting. Have to say I much prefer the newer device having used both.

My most recent surgery was robotic, so they used skin glue for the very small incisions. I couldn't figure out how to get the stuff off. My doctor told me to take a hot, steamy shower, and the skin glue would peal right off. It worked.

CD

When I had the tube from my stomach that fed me while in a coma removed I had to go into hospital because as they removed it there was a chance it could go bad and I would have to be operated on again. That was an hour I was so worried about. It went well much to my happiness.
I also had staples, a lot of staples. 50 Or so from memory.

Russ

Waiting on the oven lady come and clean our oven. Wife found her on poo pourri book last year, nice young woman who does an amazing job. $50 for 30 to 40 mins, with great conversation between us. Her dads my age and also worked for himself. When she left last time she said not to leave it so long between cleans. We havnt.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom