Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - I know all about that one. Done it on numerous occasions and right now I'm in the same boat. I can't quite face doing it today...

We are going to have to defrost the deep freeze, getting such a build up that it's getting really hard to get the baskets out to get to bottom section. Dread doing that.

Go to an auto parts store (which will probably be closed today) and get a spray can of starter fluid. Spray a 2-second blast into the carburetor, and your mower will start on the first or second try.

View attachment 60534

CD
I can't believe, in 16 years of living here, this is the first time my mower has started without quite a bit of cussing and professional intervention. Started on the fourth try.

I can't believe, in 16 years of living here, this is the first time my mower has started without quite a bit of cussing and professional intervention. Started on the fourth try.

Since I have a small yard, I have a rechargeable electric mower. I just keep it plugged in until I need to use it, then roll it out and squeeze a handle. In fact, over the last five years I have replaced all of my gasoline powered yard equipment with rechargeable electric equipment. Other than the mower, all the equipment is Ryobi (Home Depot's house brand), so all the batteries are interchangeable. The mower is a Toro, so I will probably die before it does. :wink:

CD

Since I have a small yard, I have a rechargeable electric mower. I just keep it plugged in until I need to use it, then roll it out and squeeze a handle. In fact, over the last five years I have replaced all of my gasoline powered yard equipment with rechargeable electric equipment. Other than the mower, all the equipment is Ryobi (Home Depot's house brand), so all the batteries are interchangeable. The mower is a Toro, so I will probably die before it does. :wink:

CD
I should be clear: it generally starts during the season, I meant that it's always difficult to start after winter storage.

I've had gas and electric weed-eaters, but never rechargeable ones. Every time I consider one, I have them unlock it from the display and walk up and down the aisle a few times and the ones with the longer-lasting batteries are too heavy.

Right now, I'm using an electric weed-eater. I like it ok, though the biggest problem is replacing the line. I usually get frustrated after an hour of trying and just go buy a new pre-loaded spool. Lots of cussing there as well. :laugh:

I should be clear: it generally starts during the season, I meant that it's always difficult to start after winter storage.

I've had gas and electric weed-eaters, but never rechargeable ones. Every time I consider one, I have them unlock it from the display and walk up and down the aisle a few times and the ones with the longer-lasting batteries are too heavy.

Right now, I'm using an electric weed-eater. I like it ok, though the biggest problem is replacing the line. I usually get frustrated after an hour of trying and just go buy a new pre-loaded spool. Lots of cussing there as well. :laugh:

Check out the Ryobi 1-Plus cordless rechargeable yard stuff. The 1-plus stands for one hour, plus. They are not heavy at all. https://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors-Outdoor-Power-Equipment/RYOBI/N-5yc1vZbx5cZm5d?storeSelection=

CD

I am making lunch for the family (it has been decided for me), and then doing chores for them. The lunch will be my shrimp and penne pasta dish, with a San Marzano tomato sauce. They all love it, and ask for it almost every time I come down to Houston.

Then, I am replacing lightbulbs that require a ladder, that we don't allow my 88-year-old father to use. Then I have to prune a tree (brought a saw from home), cover a tomato garden with bird netting, and stain a deck.

CD

You are a great son, I miss doing my mums wee jobs. She always rewarded me with a cold beer.

Russ

Go to an auto parts store (which will probably be closed today) and get a spray can of starter fluid. Spray a 2-second blast into the carburetor, and your mower will start on the first or second try.

View attachment 60534

CD

I used to sell cartons of crc engine start, great for heavy machinery as well. Trouble is when you need to use it the motors not far from f$&@$&.

Russ

You have my respect, there are some real monsters out there.

It was air New Zealand house in the late 70s. Top,floor was morrie Davis chair of anz. They knew how to party, I often got leftover food, good quality food. I think morrie liked me as we chatted quite a bit. Told to help myself. Lol.
One of about 15 businesses we did.

Russ

It was air New Zealand house in the late 70s. Top,floor was morrie Davis chair of anz. They knew how to party, I often got leftover food, good quality food. I think morrie liked me as we chatted quite a bit. Told to help myself. Lol.
One of about 15 businesses we did.

Russ

I have found that there are two kinds of of rich guys through my work with a lot of rich guys. Some are jerks you want to punch in the face, and others are as nice as nice gets. I have one customer who picks me up at the airport, buys my meals, lets me stay at one of his homes (mansions), and lets me drive his half million dollar 1950s Porsches.

CD

I am making lunch for the family (it has been decided for me), and then doing chores for them. The lunch will be my shrimp and penne pasta dish, with a San Marzano tomato sauce. They all love it, and ask for it almost every time I come down to Houston.

Then, I am replacing lightbulbs that require a ladder, that we don't allow my 88-year-old father to use. Then I have to prune a tree (brought a saw from home), cover a tomato garden with bird netting, and stain a deck.

CD

Update: All the chores done! I picked the color for the deck, and it looks great.

Funny story. My parent's land-line phone quit working, so my sister bought them a new one. She was showing my mom how to use the speed dial, with all the numbers she needs already programmed in. While she's doing that, I hear someone pounding on the front door. I go to see who it is, and it is a cop. I open the door, and the officer tells me that the reason he is here is because someone called 911. I immediately knew what happened. My sister and mom accidentally pressed the speed dial for 911. I explained to the officer what I figured happened -- he was very cool, and figured it was something like that. I had to get my dad to show ID and tell the officer everything is okay, since my ID says I live 250 miles away.

I had to tease my sister and mom a bit about that. "Which one of you called 911?"

CD

I have found that there are two kinds of of rich guys through my work with a lot of rich guys. Some are jerks you want to punch in the face, and others are as nice as nice gets. I have one customer who picks me up at the airport, buys my meals, lets me stay at one of his homes (mansions), and lets me drive his half million dollar 1950s Porsches.

CD

Yeah I get with most people, not many I wouldn't deal with. There was a few I refused to deal with. Just a few.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom