Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been blessed with hair..it comes in handy to hide my face..(front view)

My plans for today are to try to stay dry, which means staying inside as much as possible. :rain:

CD

I've been blessed with hair..it comes in handy to hide my face..(front view)
View attachment 63078
That's where mine was until a couple of hours ago. :laugh:

I had a blast at the stylist's. She's a hoot. She was filling me in on the last 14 months.

One thing that had me laughing was, she asked if I was sure I wanted to cut it off, and I said sure, take off about two or three inches.

"Well, you know, a lot of guys, after Covid, are keeping their long hair...you're getting a really beautiful curl down here <indicates where my hair is touching my shoulders> - a little bit of product and I could really tighten those up for you."

"You know, that's one conversation I never expected to have - how to tighten my curls."

"The other big trend...mullets. They're coming back. Guys want the short hair up front for zoom meetings and the long hair in the back still. I could give-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there."

:laugh:

My plans for today are to try to stay dry, which means staying inside as much as possible. :rain:

CD
Dog mate I am staying in today, I have downloaded the British instruction manual for the car. It came with a French manual. I spent an hour looking for the spare tire because I could not understand Run Flat tires in French. The road was very bumpy yesterday and a warning came up on the computer screen in French. I was only a mile from home so I left it till this morning. I change the computer language to English. It said check tire pressures then rest the computer . The drivers side should have been 3 bar and it was 2.9. I then had to inflate it and reset. Any other tricks I should bother about ? I got it on the motorway yesterday, it was the first time I have used 5th and 6th gear.

Dog mate I am staying in today, I have downloaded the British instruction manual for the car. It came with a French manual. I spent an hour looking for the spare tire because I could not understand Run Flat tires in French. The road was very bumpy yesterday and a warning came up on the computer screen in French. I was only a mile from home so I left it till this morning. I change the computer language to English. It said check tire pressures then rest the computer . The drivers side should have been 3 bar and it was 2.9. I then had to inflate it and reset. Any other tricks I should bother about ? I got it on the motorway yesterday, it was the first time I have used 5th and 6th gear.

Does yours have a spare? The CooperS models don't, but the Coopers do, at least they used to.

We MINI guys refer to run flats as "run rocks." They are hard as rocks. I run regular all-season tires, and just take my chances. I've only had to reset the TPMS once, and don't remember what I did. It was in the manual.

The Coopers have different gearing than the CooperS. I would imagine the diesels have even taller gears, to make the most of the diesel's low end torque.

BTW, you should be able to download a PDF version of the English manual online for free.

CD

Does yours have a spare? The CooperS models don't, but the Coopers do, at least they used to.

We MINI guys refer to run flats as "run rocks." They are hard as rocks. I run regular all-season tires, and just take my chances. I've only had to reset the TPMS once, and don't remember what I did. It was in the manual.

The Coopers have different gearing than the CooperS. I would imagine the diesels have even taller gears, to make the most of the diesel's low end torque.

BTW, you should be able to download a PDF version of the English manual online for free.

CD
No spare. I downloaded the manual. You are right about the gears mate.

We realized we had made a mistake moving here for a number of reasons. The main road from Split to Dubrovnik is the only link from our street. Even with covid from the start of the tourist season June to Sept the traffic jams were terrible. The apartment was to big with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. We have been lucky, our neighbor has 4 luxury tourist apartments next door. She has already received a large amount of booking and is turning people away. She offered us the same amount we paid for it. We accepted 2 weeks ago. We paid a deposit on a 2 bedroom I bathroom apartment with a fantastic kitchen. It's near where we used to live in Znjan on the outskirts of Split. The funds from our neighbor arrived at our solicitors yesterday, she will sort payment out for the other place next week. We move on the 1st of June. So packing starts today. The kitchen has a built in linear gas hob with two massive wok rings and two normal.

We realized we had made a mistake moving here for a number of reasons. The main road from Split to Dubrovnik is the only link from our street. Even with covid from the start of the tourist season June to Sept the traffic jams were terrible. The apartment was to big with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. We have been lucky, our neighbor has 4 luxury tourist apartments next door. She has already received a large amount of booking and is turning people away. She offered us the same amount we paid for it. We accepted 2 weeks ago. We paid a deposit on a 2 bedroom I bathroom apartment with a fantastic kitchen. It's near where we used to live in Znjan on the outskirts of Split. The funds from our neighbor arrived at our solicitors yesterday, she will sort payment out for the other place next week. We move on the 1st of June. So packing starts today. The kitchen has a built in linear gas hob with two massive wok rings and two normal.

Good luck with the shift, our last shift nearly cost our marriage. Buying a new home is the second most traumatic thing to do, death is the worst.
The place we are in now my wife didn't like, she couldn't see the house as I saw it. I signed for it and said you can come or if you don't we are done. We lived in a caravan for 6 months because she couldn't decide. She chose to have faith in me.

Russ

Don't worry mate. Mrs B has arrange everything. She is doing the packing. The same guys who moved us here do a good job. On the morning of the move all I have to do is take the TV and the internet router so the TV company can install it all.
Can't wait to see pics of the new kitchen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom