Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have just planned for August to stay few days in Naples to visit some friends, then back to Rome for a week. Rome-Naples is about 3-4 hrs driving and this is also enjoyable for us since we both love to drive.

What are you going to eat in Napoli? Maybe... um... Pizza!

I will never forget my first pizza in Napoli, just as I'll never forget my first BBQ brisket in the Texas Hill Country, or my first coq au vin in France.

CD

Breakfast at a French sidewalk cafe soon (hopefully), then out to look at one last retirement community. Trying to talk MrsT into afternoon tea. Should be an easy sell, but she says we're eating too much. :laugh:

Geez-louise!

MrsT hates sitting around a hotel room, and we had a full day yesterday, and we have a full day tomorrow and Tuesday, so I was really looking forward to just farting around today. Driving all day every day on vacation is...not exactly stressful, but it's not relaxing, because I not only do the driving, but I have to pay attention to all the directions and all that.

We were supposed to go check out one nearby retirement community, and that was it, but it turned out that one is an all-ages place, and we definitely don't want that, so she found this wetlands scenic drive about 15 minutes away, and wanted to do that instead.

No problem, the map shows it to be about 10 miles long from start to end, so how long can that take, right?

Too damn long, that's how long! 😠

We got there, and it's all self-guided, but it turned out to be a one-way-only gravel road, speed limit 10mph, full of cars, and with people stopping to take pics, it took nearly two 🤬 hours to get through the damn thing! 😡

It was basically a massive traffic jam in a wildlife preserve, and once you pass the gate, you're committed, because you can't turn around and there are no escape routes. You're well and truly stuck.

So, yet again, I got roped into a multi-hour driving excursion on what was supposed to be my built-in light day of just hanging out at the hotel and eating/drinking within the neighborhood, on foot.

We got there, and it's all self-guided, but it turned out to be a one-way-only gravel road, speed limit 10mph, full of cars, and with people stopping to take pics, it took nearly two 🤬 hours to get through the damn thing! 😡

It was basically a massive traffic jam in a wildlife preserve, and once you pass the gate, you're committed, because you can't turn around and there are no escape routes. You're well and truly stuck.

My idea of a nightmare!

We are going to the pub this evening for giggles in the garden, apparently the headline act is the biggest they have ever had and they had to pay upfront, no idea who it is but getting excited :hyper:
...and then you found out it was a double-bill: Carrot Top and Andrew Dice Clay! :laugh: or :cry:

Plans today are driving up to a German restaurant and clothing store. I'm a little saddened because there are several things I would eat, and I want to try them all!

I'd love to have a pair of those side-fastening traditional Bavarian shoes, but I already know from experience that I can't get them in half sizes, so my choice is either too small or too big, so I'm not holding out much hope there.

Geez-louise!

MrsT hates sitting around a hotel room, and we had a full day yesterday, and we have a full day tomorrow and Tuesday, so I was really looking forward to just farting around today. Driving all day every day on vacation is...not exactly stressful, but it's not relaxing, because I not only do the driving, but I have to pay attention to all the directions and all that.

We were supposed to go check out one nearby retirement community, and that was it, but it turned out that one is an all-ages place, and we definitely don't want that, so she found this wetlands scenic drive about 15 minutes away, and wanted to do that instead.

No problem, the map shows it to be about 10 miles long from start to end, so how long can that take, right?

Too damn long, that's how long! 😠

So, yet again, I got roped into a multi-hour driving excursion on what was supposed to be my built-in light day of just hanging out at the hotel and eating/drinking within the neighborhood, on foot.

My mate butcher was here the other day, he's been in a ownership unit in aged care for about 6 months, he said he's just getting used to it now, he said the good points are, it's always warm there, always someone to talk to and help there if required. He can get their cleaners to change sheets etc at a small charge, but he's quite an outward bloke and noted the cleaner smoked outside his unit on breaks. He got talking to her and she now does his sheets, changing washing and folding. He leaves her cigarettes in payment. Everyone likes a deal lol.

Russ

Car issues with wife's car, water leaking somewhere, I replaced water hoses on the heater unit about 6 months ago and I can't find where it's coming from so it's booked at the local garage at midday, I will meet her there and she will drop me off at home and have my car rest of the day.
I hope it's not frost plugs?

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom