Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our cod prices are similar to yours. Atlantic cod is a bit more expensive, but there are over-fishing regulations in place for our side of the North Atlantic. Pacific cod is much more plentiful -- and I am fine with the taste. For things like fish-n-chips, I actually prefer haddock. For a 'fine dining" fish, I prefer deep water Gulf Red Snapper.

CD
NZ dollars are not the same as US dollars so that would be $34.79 per kilo or approx $15 per pound in US dollars.

For comparison, fresh cod in the UK is around £15 a kilo (equivalent to 20.63 US dollars or 29.67 NZ dollars).
Per pound weight, cod in the UK is £6.80 (equivalent to 9.35 US dollars or 13.45 NZ dollars)

What is the average price of fresh cod in the US?
It's about $9-10 here for wild caught, even cheaper if you catch a sale, not sure whether it is Atlantic or Pacific though.

I'm dreading tonight. Some a$$ has been setting off what sounds like canon fire once or twice a night for last couple of weeks, quite a few times last night, and it drives our male pug up a wall and causes him to go on a barking jag and he won't stop. Last night, he would finally stop, then BOOM, and off he went again. I was about ready to shoot somebody.

The city of Frisco has always been VERY strict about fireworks. Both police and fire department cruise the city, handing out $300 fines for home fireworks.

CD

The city of Frisco has always been VERY strict about fireworks. Both police and fire department cruise the city, handing out $300 fines for home fireworks.

CD
In Ohio, it's legal to buy fireworks, but "illegal" to shoot them off in Ohio, so you have to sign a document saying you're going to take them out of state to blast them off.

Of course, no one follows that, and the cops don't care, so there are plenty of people blowing their hands off and setting their garages on fire.

I think there's a bill on the guv's desk right now to just make them fully legal.

In Ohio, it's legal to buy fireworks, but "illegal" to shoot them off in Ohio, so you have to sign a document saying you're going to take them out of state to blast them off.

Of course, no one follows that, and the cops don't care, so there are plenty of people blowing their hands off and setting their garages on fire.

I think there's a bill on the guv's desk right now to just make them fully legal.

Often in North Texas at this time of year, things are bone dry. Bone dry brush and fireworks are not a good mix.

CD

When we did our annual teardrop camper "Beach Bash," we would set of fireworks on the beach, aimed out over the Gulf of Mexico. Nothing to burn -- just sand and water.

BeachBash2011_051.jpg

BeachBash2011_070.jpg

CD

We have access to fireworks for 3 ? Days prior to buy your own, there is pressure on to stop the sale to general public. I stopped buying them when the kids grew up. It's quite good on fireworks night, we turn lights of upstairs and watch the area let off rockets etc.
I do feel for people with pets though.

Russ

Lawn man due to mow the lawns this arvo, he took a break as his wife who owns a dairy (24/7 mini mart) was robbed a few weeks ago for cigarettes and money by three young "p" addicts and she's lost her confidence so he's been helping out in her shop. I'm hoping she gets over it? If you ever do?

Russ

Today: Making a couple recipes, including one sweet potato one.

The remnants of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Elsa arrived here about an hour ago. No wind predicted - the thing burnt that out over the southeast of the country. But it will rain heavy all day. I took care of the quail earlier, and the chickens will be happy as they are until the brunt of the rainfall has moved on.

No idea if I will lose Internet or not - the fellow from the satellite company came out and readjusted thee dish, so I seem to have a bit better foul weather abilities now.

The baby chicks in the basement are moving to their new (still indoor) home very shortly. Right now they are in a cardboard box, but they will move to a plastic tub which is sold as a small "horse trough".

Self-toured a couple of retirement parks yesterday; one we'd possibly live in, one we'd definitely not. Guided tour of a third one today.

Other than that, I think we're going to have to wait around the room for the plumber to come unclog the bathtub. I took a shower yesterday, no problem. Today, it's barely draining. That's always a downside to old, unique hotels - bad plumbing, bad wiring, etc.

Other than that, I think we're going to have to wait around the room for the plumber to come unclog the bathtub.
Well, park has been toured and tub issue resolved. MrsT had been messing with the handles (even though she took neither shower nor bath 🤷🏻‍♂️) and had closed the drain unknowingly.

Rest of the day is open. My gut says we need salad tonight. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom