Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waiting for the water to reach me then I'll try to empty The Mersey.

I am stymied by my Wi-Fi connection. I live rurally, which is mostly good, but since the beginning of the month, I have not had reliable Internet or land line phone. (I have never had good cell phone here).

I can actually get some slow connection from around 3 am to about noon or so – then everything starts to go south. I cannot call out on the land line, but people can call in – if it is not too late. Then, no one can reach me, either.

Frankly, if it is 3 am and I can’t sleep, I like to watch a few of my favorite YouTube channels – which tend either to be about cooking or about house renovations or building. A few history or science ones in there, too. I drop back off to sleep, usually, and ignore the roosters that awake around 4 am. YouTube takes up a lot of bandwidth, and I get very little of that, now. I am making sure I put enough books on the Kindle when I am out somewhere.

I am on satellite internet and phone here. A guy is going to come out Monday to re-adjust things.

Meanwhile, I like to get certain things done in the mornings, now that the weather is hotter in the afternoons, so I am typing this up offline on Saturday afternoon, and will upload this to CookingBites Sunday morning.

Interruption. I am raising baby chicks. I just had to put one out of its misery. He wasn’t going to survive. I have 9 that have hatched and so far seem fine, and two more here that are still in the eggshell – I hope these hatch. Candling these eggs – there are fetuses inside. Alive or dead, I do not know. (Candling is a process where you shine a bright light against an egg in the dark, and if most of the egg is occluded – at this stage of the game – you have a fetus/embryo. The term comes from older days before electricity when candles had to be used.)

Btw, we will be moving to Comcast, a major cable company, sometime in July. But I do need internet AND phone now. Especially considering the PayPal issues – if I am to be on hold with phone calls transferring some of the accounts (the ones I can’t do online), I really want to be sitting in my OWN home and not in a parking lot using the cell phone. Or having to depend on a callback.

(This was all typed Saturday. Sunday I am going to a get together with my Culinary group. We are working on a theme of pairing cocktails with a dish this month. I am pairing a Strawberry Gin Smash with a hot vegetarian dish to include rhubarb, eggplant, celery – and complementary herbs to gin). This veggie dish will be topped with tzatziki, as people choose.

I am only semi-gone, but hopefully not forgotten….

Our home WiFi is abysmal as well, speeds around 3Mps. Can't check it now because it's down due to the storms. We were talking to them today and they said our area is due for fiber optic upgrade in...2nd quarter of 2022, so a year from now.

I have to visit the vampires today, and have some blood drawn for tests.

It's gonna' be a hot one -- around 98F/37C. But, a cool front comes through tonight, so we are expecting 86F/30C tomorrow.

CD

Bills to pay today, cell is due yesterday so that's first. Pub later do drinking and gambling on the nags. Then a burger on the way home, wife's out with her mates so quiet night at home. I need to buy some blue cod, $50 kg but I'd pay twice that, I love it, the best available. Friends coming for dinner tomorrow night, then euchre, always a funny funny evening. I will do a steak for the wife, she hates seafood. Prawn entree and one friend is bringing dessert. Another cheese board for starters.
One friend works 12 hr shifts so it's hard to get us all together to suit a night out.

Russ

Bills to pay today, cell is due yesterday so that's first. Pub later do drinking and gambling on the nags. Then a burger on the way home, wife's out with her mates so quiet night at home. I need to buy some blue cod, $50 kg but I'd pay twice that, I love it, the best available. Friends coming for dinner tomorrow night, then euchre, always a funny funny evening. I will do a steak for the wife, she hates seafood. Prawn entree and one friend is bringing dessert. Another cheese board for starters.
One friend works 12 hr shifts so it's hard to get us all together to suit a night out.

Russ

50 bucks a kilo for cod? That's $25 per pound. Wow!

CD

CD

I just got home, I paid $54.95 kg, it is the rolls Royce of fish. I would have paid $100 I love it that much, as do most of my friends. While driving home I was second guessing my stocks of panko prawns, so I called in and got another box. $18.90 for a box prepped which contains approx 50 prawns. A 1 kg box.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night, it really is a funny night. I'm heading pub shortly, picking up mate on the way.

Russ

CD

NZ dollars are not the same as US dollars so that would be $34.79 per kilo or approx $15 per pound in US dollars.

For comparison, fresh cod in the UK is around £15 a kilo (equivalent to 20.63 US dollars or 29.67 NZ dollars).
Per pound weight, cod in the UK is £6.80 (equivalent to 9.35 US dollars or 13.45 NZ dollars)

What is the average price of fresh cod in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom