Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finish at 1 today as per and have a long weekend, enjoying the sunshine, bit of gardening....
The 1 thing I am really looking forward to us 3 and a half days away from my constantly complaining colleague.

We have a three day weekend here, too. Monday is Memorial Day. Same there?

CD

We have a three day weekend here, too. Monday is Memorial Day. Same there?

CD

Its simply called Spring Bank Holiday so no particular memorial day. Originally (apparently) it was earlier in May and was Whit Monday - or Pentecost Monday.

Not that any of this makes a jot of difference to me as I'm always 'on holiday'.

Heading back into Ottawa today to look at a convection oven for the kitchen..can't wait to get the keys and move in so we can start working and stop spending money...lol...maybe stop at another ethnic market or two...

Its simply called Spring Bank Holiday so no particular memorial day. Originally (apparently) it was earlier in May and was Whit Monday - or Pentecost Monday.

Not that any of this makes a jot of difference to me as I'm always 'on holiday'.

In the US, Memorial Day is a holiday created to remember the soldiers who fought and died in wars. So, we spend it cooking and eating food outdoors, and drinking a lot of beer. :bbq::cheers:

CD

Handy to have a hospital nearby!
That's the view from the back of the hotel. Just to give you an idea of how big a business healthcare is here, there's an even larger hospital directly across the street - and I should point out, we're not actually in St. Louis, or even a suburb. We're just in a built-up podunk Illinois town.

Hotel:

Killing time in the hotel room at the moment. This Covid traveling is interesting.

First, the hotel is requiring guests to wear masks in the public areas inside, and I got to share an elevator (maximum 2 people) with a fellow from Texas who was none too pleased. He griped and griped...but he kept his mask on, so he gets a gold star. :)

No housekeeping unless we request it, and we're here five nights. I have to admit, I'm liking that, because another one of those quirky things that I get paranoid over is the idea of housekeeping busting in on me when I'm using the bathroom. Whenever we need fresh towels or anything for the room, I can go down and get them from the front desk.

She went over their breakfast rules last night. Hilton Garden Inn doesn't do one of those free-for-all food-fight breakfast buffets; they usually have cooked-to-order, though it's not the best and you'll pay a premium (unless your wife is a travel agent and gets that comped 😬).

With Covid, the reception person took great pains to explain there was no cooked breakfast, but if we wanted a to-go box (probably with a granola bar, OJ, yogurt, etc), those were $5 and had to be ordered in advance.

We had the cinnamon rolls we bought earlier, so we were good. Went downstairs this morning...they were serving cooked-to-order breakfast. The front desk worker the night before didn't get the memo. :laugh:

Italian restaurant for lunch today. That's the big plan.

Once we have finished our brew I will clean out our guinea boys cage, shower then chill for the evening. A busy day tomorrow.

That's the view from the back of the hotel. Just to give you an idea of how big a business healthcare is here, there's an even larger hospital directly across the street -

Oh yeah. That reminds me of the place where I got my Covid shots in Frisco. A sports medical facility with a hotel next door.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 7.08.31 PM.png

CD

Oh yeah. That reminds me of the place where I got my Covid shots in Frisco. A sports medical facility with a hotel next door.

View attachment 64316

CD
It amazes me the size of these places, and so many times, they seem way too big for the population they service. I mentioned the two giant hospitals within spitting distance of each other...I left out the numerous surgery centers, urgent care clinics, smaller hospitals, and other clinics that are on every corner, seemingly.

When I was a teenager, they said to go into computers. Nowadays, I'd tell someone to get into healthcare.

It amazes me the size of these places, and so many times, they seem way too big for the population they service. I mentioned the two giant hospitals within spitting distance of each other...I left out the numerous surgery centers, urgent care clinics, smaller hospitals, and other clinics that are on every corner, seemingly.

When I was a teenager, they said to go into computers. Nowadays, I'd tell someone to get into healthcare.

Yup. Hospitals are sprouting everywhere around here. Here's two more new ones in Frisco...

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 7.51.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 7.54.48 PM.png

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom