Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The local organic farm family must be doing ok for themselves. This was last year's outbuilding:

And this is this year's:

Still on the honor system, and I like their sense of humor with the "Express Checkout" sticker on the cash box. :laugh:

It's been a good week, all things considered...got the keys to the the new place and it is a disaster..we've decided to gut a few rooms..kitchen and walk in refrigerator..floors and all...been going hard all week..did a short day today so tonight I drink a few, well deserved pints, sample some of our local edibles and relax.......

It's been a good week, all things considered...got the keys to the the new place and it is a disaster..we've decided to gut a few rooms..kitchen and walk in refrigerator..floors and all...been going hard all week..did a short day today so tonight I drink a few, well deserved pints, sample some of our local edibles and relax.......

Blimey - you have to gut rooms? I thought you were hoping to open shortly. Hope it all works OK in the end. :okay:

Sunday here and a big day of racing, harness jewels. Nine races for 100,000 each race.
First five races I'm on, I will do the rest of the card after race 5. Wet and miserable here. Pubic holiday tomorrow so prolly a late night. Friends calling in later.

Russ

Today was an up-and-down day. Sundays are always like that for me, because I know Monday is right around the corner and I hate the return back to work, especially this week, as it's going to be an especially difficult one, as I'm on call and there's a lot going on.

Anyway, watered the flowers outside, that takes 35 minutes - I know because it timed it. :)

Made breakfast, then went out to do some shopping. MrsT was going to stay home, but decided at the last minute to go with me, which meant doubling the time I'd be out. I can normally fly through a shopping trip, but she dawdles something fierce.

Believe it or not, I was looking for two things I don't own - nice short pants and short-sleeved button-down shirts. MrsT has convinced me that going to Florida in July means shorts are required, not optional, so away we went.

I was already irritated before we left because I do all my shopping in the off-season, and I shop the clearance racks, and I knew that shopping for shorts in early June...they'd be full price, and I was pretty much right.

I did get lucky and found two pairs of shorts that fit the bill, went to try them on, and...the 🤬 fitting rooms were still shut down. No masks required, mind...drinking fountains turned on, but the fitting rooms were still closed. So I put them them back.

Finally, at a deep-discount store, I found a pair of bluish-grey (or maybe they're greyish-blue) Columbia dress shorts for $14, so I snagged those, and two shirts - a flowery dark-and-light blue one and a white one with little blue designs on it for a whopping $6 each. Very happy with that.

Now I just need one more pair of shorts. And some summery shoes that I can wear without socks. Then I'm ready for Florida.

That's when MrsT asked me how I'd feel about turning the upcoming Florida trip into a Pennsylvania trip. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I swear, she does this 💩 on purpose! 😒

So I said no, let's just stick to Florida, because I hate having things decided, then upending them again and starting all over. Can't believe I just argued for going to Florida. In July. I'm assuming Satan just broke out his parka and mukluks because Hell as certainly frozen over.

Today was an up-and-down day. Sundays are always like that for me, because I know Monday is right around the corner and I hate the return back to work, especially this week, as it's going to be an especially difficult one, as I'm on call and there's a lot going on.

Anyway, watered the flowers outside, that takes 35 minutes - I know because it timed it. :)

Made breakfast, then went out to do some shopping. MrsT was going to stay home, but decided at the last minute to go with me, which meant doubling the time I'd be out. I can normally fly through a shopping trip, but she dawdles something fierce.

Believe it or not, I was looking for two things I don't own - nice short pants and short-sleeved button-down shirts. MrsT has convinced me that going to Florida in July means shorts are required, not optional, so away we went.

I was already irritated before we left because I do all my shopping in the off-season, and I shop the clearance racks, and I knew that shopping for shorts in early June...they'd be full price, and I was pretty much right.

I did get lucky and found two pairs of shorts that fit the bill, went to try them on, and...the 🤬 fitting rooms were still shut down. No masks required, mind...drinking fountains turned on, but the fitting rooms were still closed. So I put them them back.

Finally, at a deep-discount store, I found a pair of bluish-grey (or maybe they're greyish-blue) Columbia dress shorts for $14, so I snagged those, and two shirts - a flowery dark-and-light blue one and a white one with little blue designs on it for a whopping $6 each. Very happy with that.

Now I just need one more pair of shorts. And some summery shoes that I can wear without socks. Then I'm ready for Florida.

That's when MrsT asked me how I'd feel about turning the upcoming Florida trip into a Pennsylvania trip. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I swear, she does this 💩 on purpose! 😒

So I said no, let's just stick to Florida, because I hate having things decided, then upending them again and starting all over. Can't believe I just argued for going to Florida. In July. I'm assuming Satan just broke out his parka and mukluks because Hell as certainly frozen over.

I really like Columbia sportswear. They are well made and look good. I have a few pair of the shorts, and you got them for a killer price. :okay: And, you won't feel "dorky" in them.

CD

I had a pair of Columbia hiking shoes that were my ultimate favorite..I've had other pairs that were more expensive and they weren't as comfortable or durable...I also have a wind breaker that somebody left in my deli a few years ago and never reclaimed..I use that thing all year..

Grandkids have sport here today (sat) wife's gone to watch mr7 play. Just around the corner for us, it's my turn for syndicate bet today, second week in a row so studying form. Three races at Sydney sorted. Netball for miss 11 later, we will go. Need to buy Beetroot to supplement our ones I dug yesterday. To make a decent batch. 6 to 8 jars should last til summer.
Cool winters day here high of about 10 deg c .
I will cook something nice for tea later.

Russ

It's just after 5am here and I'm heading to work. I (should) finish at 12 so I'm gonna head to the coast for a spot of fishing after work. Wife won't be in till half 8 and only football on telly and I couldn't care less about that so might as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom