Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NZ dollars are not the same as US dollars so that would be $34.79 per kilo or approx $15 per pound in US dollars.

For comparison, fresh cod in the UK is around £15 a kilo (equivalent to 20.63 US dollars or 29.67 NZ dollars).
Per pound weight, cod in the UK is £6.80 (equivalent to 9.35 US dollars or 13.45 NZ dollars)

What is the average price of fresh cod in the US?

Our cod prices are similar to yours. Atlantic cod is a bit more expensive, but there are over-fishing regulations in place for our side of the North Atlantic. Pacific cod is much more plentiful -- and I am fine with the taste. For things like fish-n-chips, I actually prefer haddock. For a 'fine dining" fish, I prefer deep water Gulf Red Snapper.

CD

Working today with lots of prep including portioning 40 lbs of halibut coming in this afternoon. It's Canada Day weekend and we're busy busy.

Portioning that fish for the restaurant... or just for the halibut? :D

It is 4th of July weekend here -- Independence Day. The fireworks shows are back this year. I've got to figure out what to cook for the 4th.

CD

The blue cod cost me $39 for three fillets so 1 1/2 fish to feed 5 of us. There may be a bit leftover which I will freeze if any. I can get red cos here for like $15 kg but I wouldn't insult my friends with that. Plus red cod may come with worms? I'll cut up later and precook. The further south the blue cod tastes better, cold water fish. I normally get it from Stewart island at the bottom of nz. But that source has dried up since covid.

Russ

The blue cod cost me $39 for three fillets so 1 1/2 fish to feed 5 of us. There may be a bit leftover which I will freeze if any. I can get red cos here for like $15 kg but I wouldn't insult my friends with that. Plus red cod may come with worms? I'll cut up later and precook. The further south the blue cod tastes better, cold water fish. I normally get it from Stewart island at the bottom of nz. But that source has dried up since covid.

Russ

Two fish, some bread -- you can feed 5,000 with that and have leftovers -- so I've heard. :wink:

CD

The whole weekend is going to be F3, F1, IndyCar and World Superbikes with any other motorsport I can find or have recorded. I may even take the dog out but that depends on our weird weather. Last weekend the places at the top of the hill were flooded but not those at the bottom (work that one out!) and we may have a repeat this weekend according to our local weather forecast.

The whole weekend is going to be F3, F1, IndyCar and World Superbikes with any other motorsport I can find or have recorded. I may even take the dog out but that depends on our weird weather. Last weekend the places at the top of the hill were flooded but not those at the bottom (work that one out!) and we may have a repeat this weekend according to our local weather forecast.

Silver stone?

Russ

Austria (Styria), Mid-Ohio, and Donington Park, in that order. I worked at Donington Park once when there was World Superbikes on. We could hear it but couldn't see it :whistling:

I grew up not far from ruapuna speedway, dirt track riding and next to it a sealed track for Oscar racing. ( open saloon car) . The smell of fumes and sounds on certain windy days was music to my ears.

Russ

I grew up not far from ruapuna speedway, dirt track riding and next to it a sealed track for Oscar racing. ( open saloon car) . The smell of fumes and sounds on certain windy days was music to my ears.

Russ
The tracks round our way have closed down. We only have the greyhound track now. An FB friend of mine lives on Philip Island. They still watch Motogp etc on their TV but leave their windows open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom