Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, or even a paper bag, but I haven’t had much luck with either of those. The silicone ones guarantee no unpopped kernals and no burnt popcorn, and I’m foolish enough to believe that. :laugh:

Well it may be right - you are talking to someone who recently purchased an electric egg boiler. I'll post about it later. I love it!

Well it may be right - you are talking to someone who recently purchased an electric egg boiler. I'll post about it later. I love it!
OMG, I was just thinking of buying one! Does it do soft boiled?

The reason I ask, as you know my continuing journey for the “perfect” soft-boiled egg, is that I’ve been determined to get the timing just right, and physics is still messing with me.

Last week, I boiled the water, dropped the eggs in straight from the fridge, turned the burner down, boiled them for exactly six minutes, out of the water and into the cup, where they sat for three more minutes…and the eggs were close, but not exactly right. I still had a few flecks of hard-boiled yolk around the edge - just enough to notice.

A-ha! I’m so close, I can’t wait for the next attempt, when I’ll shave 15 seconds off.

That was today. Same brand of eggs. Same pan. Same amount of water. Same burner settings. Everything the same, except I went for 5:45.

Result: yolk cooked solid halfway through! I think I must live in some bizzaro dimension where the less I boil it, the more it cooks! :laugh:

I'm getting ready to go out to lunch with my Girlies and then we'll go back to Mrs. Next Door Neighbor's home to play cards... I just realized that I forgot to make a dessert! :oops: oh well
Get some ice cream, scoop it out, roll the scoops in crushed up cookies of your choice, back in the freezer until you’re ready.

Time to serve…splash a little booze of your choice over them - instant gourmet dessert for next to no effort.

I must give Rachael Ray credit, doofus that she is. :laugh:

The Pépin version is a scoop of ice cream with a little Merlot poured over, maybe some fresh fruit, a sprig of mint if you’re feeling fancy-pants.

Well, no joy in getting the hand mixer I wanted. It’s apparently a hot item, so I’ll have to order one later today…assuming they’re still in stock.

Also didn’t get an air/microwave popper, as I was angry they didn’t have my hand mixer in stock (when their website plainly said they did), so I vowed not to give them any of my money, for a while at least, anyway.

OMG, I was just thinking of buying one! Does it do soft boiled?

The reason I ask, as you know my continuing journey for the “perfect” soft-boiled egg, is that I’ve been determined to get the timing just right, and physics is still messing with me.

It does indeed. But I haven't actually used it for that. I'm just cooking hard boiled eggs at that moment. I will try soft boiled tomorrow but suspect it won't be perfect. Surely the timing will depend on the exact egg size and its a standard timing with this machine. Well that is what I think. But there is something wonderful it seems about cooking hard boiled eggs in it. I will reveal this in the thread about electric egg steamers when I get round to starting it.

It does indeed. But I haven't actually used it for that. I'm just cooking hard boiled eggs at that moment. I will try soft boiled tomorrow but suspect it won't be perfect. Surely the timing will depend on the exact egg size and its a standard timing with this machine. Well that is what I think. But there is something wonderful it seems about cooking hard boiled eggs in it. I will reveal this in the thread about electric egg steamers when I get round to starting it.
I was looking at one today, made by Dash, for $20, and it holds seven eggs.

We're just about to leave to pick up my Mother from her apartment and bring her out here for a cook-out.
After an early-ish dinner, Mom & I will sit in front of the TV and I'm going to stream a movie for her that's she's been so wanting to see, but she doesn't do very well in Movie Theaters.
Downtown Abbey: The New Era
I signed up for Peacock TV, which is steaming this film exclusively, she's over the moon excited, I gotta tell y'all.

Today has a long list of jobs to get done
  • Weekly shop
  • Shopping for neighbour who has had a bad fall
  • Go to DIY store to return new wheel for hand trolley because it doesn't fit, try again with another.
  • Soil improver for citrus tree and veg plot
  • Return 2 sets of slippers to anther store and try again for another set for hubby
  • Visit chemist for tubergrip for hubby's ankle
  • Fill up with fuel else I won't get home
  • Come home via post office which is 16km in opposite direction to where I'm going parcel needs to be signed for.
  • Retrieve bins from road...
  • Wood, has to happen else no fire tonight
  • ?
In fact the only thing i don't need to do is cook. Soup from last night will last at least another day. I suspect I'm eating out again. It's boring me now! Lol.

And right now the only thing I want to do is to sleep...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom