Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks like a fun thing to have. Did you test it yet?

Thanks for the photos!!

I'm sooo sorry, let's hope you will feel better by tomorrow.

So here's how my doc appointment went:

BP a tad high, weight just under 200 lbs (which is my cutoff), heart rate ok, went over most recent bloodwork (all good), blood and urine donated for another check.

Then this exchange:

"I know your wife has some health issues, how's she doing?"

<Filled him in on the eye surgeries, ENT stuff, and recent heart attack>

"You know...I have a lot of couples like that; one will be frail or have everything wrong with them, the other one, pretty healthy overall."

<Pause>

"Here's the weird thing - it's always the healthy one that drops dead for no reason. Just...plop!...and they're dead. Isn't that strange?"

Thanks, doc. 😒
That's actually a well known fact.

My assumption is that the one who is always ill (aka me) knows the warning signs and knows when something isn't right, so sees the doctor. the other one (aka hubby in my case) doesn't know the warning signs, ignores them and.... well I'm hoping to train him to recognise some of them.... he has been diagnosed with another 2 conditions this last week, so is now starting to catch me up! He got diagnosed with 2 last year as well. :(

Plans for today: work, cook, and it looks like MrsTasty is developing a nasty rash, likely from the new medication she started, so another round with the docs.

so another round with the docs.
:(

My plans include but are not limited to
  • Sauerkraut
  • Staffordshire oatcakes
  • Washing (only forecast dry day for next week)
  • Cleaning
  • Planting some more seeds (found the celery)
  • Work on here (behind the scenes stuff)
  • Another post on the Facebook feed
  • Another post on my personal blog
  • Walk to the letterbox and back
  • Chase warranty on failed automated chook gate
  • Spinning up some more wool for hubby's thick cardigan
  • Plying some more of spun wool for same
  • ?
It won't all get done.

Here's why I hate dealing with doctors:

MrsTasty went on a new med that has a side effect of causing rashes, and they quadrupled another med she's already on that can also cause rashes, and because of her autoimmune disorder, she's subject to inflammatory rashes anyway. That's the backstory.

Called the doc's office, left a message. An hour later, someone from the office called back.

MrsTasty asked about either of the meds either causing her rash or triggering her myositis. "I'll ask the doc and let you know."

Two hours later, a call back. He's prescribing steroids for the rash and changing her beta blocker. "I can't take steroids, it's in my records, it interferes with another med I'm on."

"Let me ask the doc, I'll call you back."

An hour later, she called back again, with a change to the rash med. In the meantime, MrsTasty was reading about the new beta blocker and found a "serious" interaction with her thyroid med: "Should I really be taking this?"

"I'll have to ask the doc, I'll call you back."

By now, it's about 4PM, and when she finally called back, my wife mentioned that this is a new med, and since she's scheduled to meet with the doc in less than a week anyway, could she just stop taking it until then?

"Legally, I can't advise on any medications, so I'll have to ask the doc and call you back tomorrow. He's gone for the day."

That was a day wasted, and one 10 minute talk directly with the doc would have answered everything.
🤦🏻‍♂️

She also called her RA doctor to ask about whether the rash could be a myositis flare-up, and if he knew anything about beta blockers and myositis.

The automated answering machine said they had a new process for answering question - they sent her a text to a link, she had to download an app, register, then ask through that (never mind they already have a patient portal), and she did all that, asked her question, they requested photos, she sent those, then she got a response that her doc would answer her "within 48 hours."

🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom