Plans for today (2019-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we've been shopping for new curtains, the two bedrooms daughters been using need a tidy up. We gave away the double bed on a poo pourri book page. We have a new one coming tomorrow. I'll replace the curtains and maybe give the frames a lick of paint if it's needed. Busy day tomorrow. It's 4pm here so I'm done for the day. Just watching races ATM. Quiet night tonight, rugby is live and should be a good game. Crusaders vs highlanders.

Russ

Here's my version of that. Keep in mind, with afternoon tea, it's not that hard to put together, but it does have to happen kind of fast, because you want the scones to be a little warm when you sit down to eat, so once the scones come out of the oven and start cooling, you've got to hop on it to get it plated and on the table.

Me (buttering bread): Hey, would you mind putting the tablecloth down and setting the table?

MrsTasty: Sure...where's the tablecloth?

Already out, right there.

(She goes outside, comes right back in)

How do you want the tables set up, which direction?

Long ways!

(Goes out, comes back in)

They're in the sun that way.

Then move the umbrella!

(Goes out, comes back in)

Do you want it on the left or the right?

WHATEVER WAY BLOCKS THE DAMN SUN!

Well, if you're going to be like that, you can do it. I'll finish buttering the bread.

FINE!

(Hands over butter knife, I start to go outside)

Wait! How much butter are you putting on these?

Enough...to...cover the bread!

Ok...wait! Am I buttering all of these?

Yes!

Ok...wait! This butter is no good, it's tearing the bread.

I did four without tearing anything. Quit pressing so hard, it's thin bread.

(I go out, set up the tables, come back in)

Hey, the bread's not buttered!

Yeah, it kept tearing, so I stopped.

Ok, I'll finish the sandwiches. Can you set the table. Use the tea dishes in the back room.

Where are they?

In the back room!

Where in the back room?

FARTHER THAN THE DOOR, BUT NOT AS FAR AS THE BACK WALL! JUST GET IN THERE, YOU'LL SEE THEM IF YOU JUST LOOK!

Ok...ok...

(Leaves, comes right back)

What dishes am I getting?

The only ones back there, the ones we always use for tea!

Yeah, but what ones? Plates, cups, saucers, bowls, what?

GEEZ! CUPS! SAUCERS! TWO PLATES! CREAMER!

(Leaves, comes right back)

What's the creamer look like?

LIKE A LITTLE JUG! FOR...WAIT FOR IT...POURING THE CREAM!

Just get them yourself. I don't know where all that stuff is. Are we having jam with the scones? I can get the jam.

Ok, the jam and butter pots are up there.

Up where?

Up there.

Where?

UP THERE!!!!

(I stop getting the dishes and get the pots down)

Thanks. What jam do you want?

I don't care. There's strawberry, blueberry, and apricot in the fridge.

Which one do you want?

Let's go with blueberry.

I just had blueberries for breakfast.

I don't care, then get the apricot.

I'd rather have the strawberry.

THEN GET THE DAMN STRAWBERRY!

How much should I get out?

Fill the pot up.

All the way?

Yes.

To the top?

YES!

I did that. Now I can't put the little lid on.

THEN TAKE SOME BACK OUT!

So...not to the top, then.

Whaddaya gonna do? It's easier to do it yourself at that point. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Blimey! I'm exhausted and irritable just reading this.

Being the first day that hairdressers have opened since March, getting a haircut was not one of today's plans, until I saw there wasn't the expected queue at my usual Turkish barber. Twenty minutes later I had gone from Kenny Rogers to Jethro off NCIS.

Twenty minutes later I had gone from Kenny Rogers to Gethro off NCIS.
I haven't gone out yet. Ours have been open for over a month, but the infection rate is shooting up here. I'm quickly going from Pierce Brosnan to Farrah Fawcett. :laugh:

Plans today:

Breakfast - MrsTasty requested scrambled eggs with ham, hashbrown casserole, and sausage links, tomatoes toast and tea on the side. Casserole is in the oven now.

Weed-whacking around the yard, get some mulch down, and footlong hot dogs, and macaroni salad later. Probably popcorn and a movie tonight.

Been for a walk, someone is keeping the Guernsey Donkey warm.

Dog sitting for youngest stepdaughter today. My sister is coming over and we are having BBQ ribs and salad for dinner.

Satsang then closet and bathroom cleaning. Then go through clothes removed from closet to separate into goodwill/trash piles. Then it's so hot that I usually pass out under the ac. I have a hard time staying awake all day. Or for 2 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom