Polenta, Grits & Cous Cous - do you love them or hate them?

epicuric no problem, I don't like the taste. I have issues with dairy to be honest, I never liked milk, just the smell makes me nauseous. Yogurts I can tolerate though.

Sorry to hear that LissaC. I cannot imaging life without cheese! Does cheese feature much in Portuguese cuisine? I've only been to Portugal once and don't remember much other than fantastic seafood.

Sorry to hear that LissaC. I cannot imaging life without cheese! Does cheese feature much in Portuguese cuisine? I've only been to Portugal once and don't remember much other than fantastic seafood.

Not that much to be honest. Some rural areas do have the tradition of making really strong goat cheese though.

Husband used to love a Portuguese cheese his mum used to buy. Sadly we dont know the name of it. It's one of the few cheeses he likes.

I used to eat a lot of couscous as a student as so easy to make. When I had more money and a kitchen I roasted mediterranian veg then mixed in couscous with the cooked veg with the juices. Added a bit more boiling water/stock. Delicious. Cant cook it now due to the gluten. I've tried gluten free couscous, which us made from corn, but it takes as long to cook as quinoa, and quinoa is much nicer.

I need to experiment with polenta. I tried years ago.

Back
Top Bottom