Pork Chops Glazes or Marinades

I still need more recipes for pork chops. They seem to be the only meat that is consistently on sale. I got a great deal recently, and I just couldn't pass it up. Now, I have lots of pork in the freezer, ha ha.

I tried a Parmesan encrusted pork chop recipe that turned out quite well. It was a hit with the whole family, but I really prefer something without breading, since I'm doing low carb.

I went looking on my hard drive and found a few. I have not made this one yet. but will be making soon. I have two large packages of pork chops I am looking for something to make. this one looks GREAT and is from Biggest Looser.
Hoisin glazed pork chops

Servings 4

Ingredients

Olive oil sprayer (not store bought spray that contains propellant)

4 trimmed boneless pork loin chops about ¾ inch thick (4 ounces each)

1 teaspoon garlic powder

Salt to taste

Freshly ground black pepper to taste

¼ cup hoisin sauce

Directions:

1. Preheat broiler. Line small baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with the olive oil spray.

2. Spray both sides of chops lightly with olive oil. Season evenly with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place chops on prepared baking sheet and broil about 3” from the heat 2 minutes per side (leave the oven door open a crack when broiling).

3. Remove from oven. Brush or spread 1 ½ teaspoon of hoisin over each chop. Return to oven and broil 1 minute longer. Turn chops and brush each with an additional 1 ½ teaspoons hoisin sauce. Broil 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until pork is just barely pink in side and hoisin sauce is a bit caramelized. Serve immediately.

Nutritional facts:

Serving size: 1 chop

Calories: 177 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Protein: 26g Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: <1g cholesterol: 75mg. Iron: g Sodium 261mg. Calc: mg Sugars: g Potassium: mg

here's another (I haven't tried this yet either)
Honey Mustard Pork Chops

Weight Watchers – New complete Cookbook

Servings 4

Ingredients

¼ cup Dijon mustard

4 teaspoons honey

1 teaspoon cider or white vinegar

¼ teaspoon black pepper

4 (5 ounce) bone in loin pork chops

Directions:

1. To make marinade, stir together all ingredients except pork in cup.

2. Transfer marinade to large zip close plastic bag; add pork. Squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat meat. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, at least 4 hours or up to overnight.

3. Spray broiler rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat broiler.

4. Remove chops from bag; discard marinade. Place chops on prepared broiler rack and broil 5 inches from heat until cooked through, about 6 minutes per side.

Nutritional facts:

Points Plus Value: 4

Serving size: 1 Chop (94 grams)

Calories: 165 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 2g Protein: 19g Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 0g cholesterol: 59mg. Iron: g Sodium: 546mg. Calc: 17mg Sugars: 5g Potassium: mg

Healthy Extra: Serve these delectable chops with steamed fresh kale and steamed thickly sliced ears of corn (1/2 medium ear of corn per serving will increase the Points Plus value by 1)

Oven Baked Pork Chops

Eating Well – Magazine

Servings 4

Ingredients

1 ½ to three pounds bone in, ¾ inch thick Pork rib chops trimmed of fat

¼ teaspoon salt

3 teaspoons canola oil divided

1 medium onion diced

1 clove garlic, minced

1/3 cup orange juice

½ cup barbecue sauce (see tip)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transf er to a plate.

3. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the pan. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add orange juice and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in barbecue sauce. Return the pork chops to the pan, turning several times to coat with the sauce.

4. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the pork chops are barely pink in the middle and an instant-read thermometer registers 145°F, 6 to 10 minutes. Serve the sauce over the pork chops.

Calories 250 Total Fat 11g Sat. Fat g Cholesterol 69mg Sodium 452mg

Carbohydrates 10g Sugars g Fiber g Protein 27g Iron g Potassium mg

Tip: Check the sodium content of your favorite barbecue sauce if you have sodium sensitivity—some can be quite high. This recipe was developed with Annie's Natural Hot Chipotle BBQ Sauce, which has only 240 mg sodium per 2-tablespoon serving.

Polynesian Pork Chops

Pillsbury – Easy Meals Picnics & Potlucks

Servings 8

Ingredients

1 cup ketchup

1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce

2 tablespoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon grated gingerroot

½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

4 cloves garlic, minced

8 boneless pork loin chops, about ½ inch thick (about 1 ¾ pounds)

Directions

1. In a 2 gallon resealable food storage bag, mix all ingredients except pork chops. Add pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours to marinate, turning bag once.

2. When ready to cook pork, heat gas or charcoal grill. When grill is heated, remove pork from marinade; reserve marinade. Place pork on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals; cover grill. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with marinade, until pork is no longer pink in center. Discard any remaining marinade.

Nutritional Information:

Calories 210 Fat 8g Sodium 750mg Carbs 13g Fiber 0g Sugars 11g

Notes: Serve this pork chops topped with pineapple slices.

Asian Style Pork Chops

Ingredients:
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon Asian sweet chili sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
4 (1/2-inch-thick) boneless pork chops
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Method:
1. Stir together hoisin sauce, vinegar, sweet chili sauce and garlic powder in a large shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag; remove and reserve 1/4 cup marinade. Add chops to remaining marinade in dish. Cover or seal, and chill 2 to 4 hours. Remove chops from marinade, discarding marinade. Sprinkle chops evenly with salt and pepper.

2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; cook chops 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until done. Brush with reserved 1/4 cup marinade.

Some nice ideas here. They sound good to me, but I don't know about my picky eaters around here. I guess I will stick to the basics for them and try some of these out for myself. Thanks for the recipes.

I still need more recipes for pork chops. They seem to be the only meat that is consistently on sale. I got a great deal recently, and I just couldn't pass it up. Now, I have lots of pork in the freezer, ha ha.

I tried a Parmesan encrusted pork chop recipe that turned out quite well. It was a hit with the whole family, but I really prefer something without breading, since I'm doing low carb.

If you are doing low carb, try this Gordon Ramsay recipe:

Ingredients
4 pork loin chops with bone, about 10 ounces each
1/2 to 1 teaspoon mild chili powder, to taste
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
Sea salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
Few thyme sprigs
4 garlic cloves (unpeeled), lightly smashed
5 to 6 star anise, lightly smashed
1 teaspoon coriander seeds, lightly crushed
3 large sweet potatoes, about 2/3 pound
1 red chile, trimmed, seeded, and minced
Bunch of coriander

Method
Cut off the rind and excess fat around the pork chops. Mix the chili powder, paprika, and some salt and pepper with the olive oil in a wide baking dish. Add the thyme, garlic, star anise, and coriander seeds. Add the pork chops and turn to coat. Cover and let marinate for at least 30 minutes, or in the refrigerator overnight.

Heat the oven to 350F. Bake the pork chops, uncovered, for about 15 minutes until the meat is just firm when lightly pressed.

Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to a boil. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 5/8- inch slices. Add to the pan and cook for 7 to 8 minutes until almost tender when pierced with a skewer. (They should be slightly undercooked at this stage.) Drain and refresh under cold running water. Dice the potatoes; set aside.

When cooked, transfer the chops to a warm plate, cover with foil, and rest in a warm place for 10 minutes. Squeeze out the soft garlic from the skins and return to the baking dish. Add the chile, tip in the sweet potatoes, and toss to mix. Season lightly and bake for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender.

Stir the coriander through the sweet potatoes and spoon onto warm plates. Add a pork chop to each plate and serve.

Cheats/alternatives

A much simpler but very similar result can be had by frying/grilling your pork chops plainly with basic seasoning - salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add 3 or 4 whole star anise to the cooking water of the sweet potato. Instead of sweet potato you could do pureed carrots with cumin seeds. Any combination of sweet veg and fragrant spice will work well with pork chops. Steamed greens balance this dish nicely.

Ingredients
4 pork loin chops with bone, about 10 ounces each
1/2 to 1 teaspoon mild chili powder, to taste
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
Sea salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
Few thyme sprigs
4 garlic cloves (unpeeled), lightly smashed
5 to 6 star anise, lightly smashed
1 teaspoon coriander seeds, lightly crushed
3 large sweet potatoes, about 2/3 pound
1 red chile, trimmed, seeded, and minced
Bunch of coriander

Method
Cut off the rind and excess fat around the pork chops. Mix the chili powder, paprika, and some salt and pepper with the olive oil in a wide baking dish. Add the thyme, garlic, star anise, and coriander seeds. Add the pork chops and turn to coat. Cover and let marinate for at least 30 minutes, or in the refrigerator overnight.

Heat the oven to 350F. Bake the pork chops, uncovered, for about 15 minutes until the meat is just firm when lightly pressed.

Meanwhile, bring a pan of salted water to a boil. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 5/8- inch slices. Add to the pan and cook for 7 to 8 minutes until almost tender when pierced with a skewer. (They should be slightly undercooked at this stage.) Drain and refresh under cold running water. Dice the potatoes; set aside.

When cooked, transfer the chops to a warm plate, cover with foil, and rest in a warm place for 10 minutes. Squeeze out the soft garlic from the skins and return to the baking dish. Add the chile, tip in the sweet potatoes, and toss to mix. Season lightly and bake for 10 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender.

Stir the coriander through the sweet potatoes and spoon onto warm plates. Add a pork chop to each plate and serve.

Cheats/alternatives

A much simpler but very similar result can be had by frying/grilling your pork chops plainly with basic seasoning - salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add 3 or 4 whole star anise to the cooking water of the sweet potato. Instead of sweet potato you could do pureed carrots with cumin seeds. Any combination of sweet veg and fragrant spice will work well with pork chops. Steamed greens balance this dish nicely.
You should post as a recipe thread. To do so just go to Beef, Pork, Lamb and other Meats and click on 'Post New Thread' in top right corner. Click on 'Prefix' and choose 'Recipe'. Then just enter Title and paste in the recipe. :D

Cheats/alternatives

Oooh, thanks for the share. It all sounds good. I like the cheats too. I enjoy sweet potatoes, so that could work.

I'm always happy to try something new.

Back
Top Bottom