Recipe Pork Medallions with Strawberry Compote

blades

Local time
4:14 PM
medallions.jpg

Do pork and strawberries pair well? To my surprise they do and very well. I was inspired by Tasty Reuben's pork chops with a strawberry garlic sauce and couldn't resist trying something similar since his was wife approved. This recipe feeds two but the compote segment of the recipe is more than enough for 4. Just add another 1/4 tenderloin. It is easy and quick. So here goes.

Ingredients

1 cup halved fresh strawberries
1 tsp balsamic vinegar or other vinegar you have available.
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp tarragon
juice of 1/4 lemon
pinch of salt

1/4 pork tenderloin
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

Start with the compote. Put the first six ingredients in a small sauce pan, bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer for about 15 minutes. While it is simmering you can crush the berries with a potato masher or other implement. While the compote is cooking cut the 1/4 tenderloin into 1/4" medallions and season with salt pepper and garlic. Put a little cooking oil in a skillet and cook the medallions turning once half way through. Top the medallions with the compote, garnish with any herb you choose and enjoy. In my image you can see that I served some potato "medallions" as well and they too paired nicely with the strawberries. Thanks Reuben. You had a great idea. Do peaches pair with pork? Perhaps so.

Personally, I think Pork and any fruit go well together.

As you know, I eat very little meat.
However, the two times in my life when I've eaten ALL the pork in front of me were:
1) In a German colony in Venezuela. Pork chops from pigs which were fed nothing but peaches for two weeks.
2) Cochinito Pibil ( Slow cooked, shredded pork with orange and achiote) in Mexico City. Cochinito Pibil is made by (among other things) adding loads of bitter orange juice to the marinade.
Pineapple also works beautifully, as do mango, tamarind and coconut.

View attachment 105167

Do pork and strawberries pair well? To my surprise they do and very well. I was inspired by Tasty Reuben's pork chops with a strawberry garlic sauce and couldn't resist trying something similar since his was wife approved. This recipe feeds two but the compote segment of the recipe is more than enough for 4. Just add another 1/4 tenderloin. It is easy and quick. So here goes.

Ingredients

1 cup halved fresh strawberries
1 tsp balsamic vinegar or other vinegar you have available.
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp tarragon
juice of 1/4 lemon
pinch of salt

1/4 pork tenderloin
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

Start with the compote. Put the first six ingredients in a small sauce pan, bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer for about 15 minutes. While it is simmering you can crush the berries with a potato masher or other implement. While the compote is cooking cut the 1/4 tenderloin into 1/4" medallions and season with salt pepper and garlic. Put a little cooking oil in a skillet and cook the medallions turning once half way through. Top the medallions with the compote, garnish with any herb you choose and enjoy. In my image you can see that I served some potato "medallions" as well and they too paired nicely with the strawberries. Thanks Reuben. You had a great idea. Do peaches pair with pork? Perhaps so.

Looks DELISH!!!! :whistling:

Next time, try macadamia nuts and Goji berries.
:roflmao: :roflmao:
I love macadamia nuts. I have no idea what a Goji berry is but I'm pretty sure it isn't available in our supermarket. Winter is on the horizon and we will have Spanish clementines available in season. Somehow I think they might be calling for some pork.

I looked up goji berries. As it turns out, they are not recommended for people like me who take blood thinners since their chemistry includes an anti coagulant. Most likely I could eat some and survive. I'm pretty tough for an old timer.

Back
Top Bottom