Recipe Potato cupcakes

valedevento

Veteran
Local time
6:14 PM
Boiled potatoes, mashed potatoes or roasted in the oven, potatoes are delicious and we eat them multiple times a week. Another great way to eat them is in cupcake, yes, a savory and light cupcake :) They can be eaten as a snack or as a side dish.

Ingredients:
- 1 kg patotoes
- 4 slices of bacon (optional)
- 1 onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 theespoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons fresh goat cheese
- fresh oregano
- olive oil

method:
Peel and cook the potatoes. Mash the potatoes and add the goat cheese. Cut the onion and bacon in small pieces and fry them up in a little bit of olive oil. Mix the onions, bacon and oregano in the mashed potatoes. Let it cool down a little bit before adding the eggs, flour and baking soda. Spoon into cupcake cases and bake for about 30 minutes in a 170°C (or gas 3) oven

These sounds really delicious and quite easy to make. I am going to have to give these a try.
We have potatoes quite often so it is always nice to have a way of changing it up from the usual
baked or mashed!

That sounds pretty good and an easy way to use up potatoes. I especially like the idea fo putting all the additives in. Bacon, cabbage, potatoes all so good together.
Ah, but it doesn't have cabbage in the recipe. You must be thinking of theThe CookingBites Recipe Challenge! But I'm sure @valedevento might know a few (Belgian?) cabbage recipes to enter into the challenge. And I'm sure you know a cabbage recipe or two as well, @kgord!

Ah, but it doesn't have cabbage in the recipe. You must be thinking of theThe CookingBites Recipe Challenge! But I'm sure @valedevento might know a few (Belgian?) cabbage recipes to enter into the challenge. And I'm sure you know a cabbage recipe or two as well, @kgord!

There are a few Belgian dishes that use cabbage (and I will have a look if I can post one), but I must admit that I am not the biggest fan of cabbage. I do eat it sometimes, but not to much :)

This sounds like a delight to use up leftover mashed potatoes. Bacon are pretty much a staple in my house. i might test this out with a different kind of cheese, since goat cheese isn't to my liking. I will certainly test this out. I always like ways of utilizing potatoes. They are such a godsend. Think of a method of cooking, and potatoes can be cooked that way!

Back
Top Bottom