Prep and Plan day

I can relate, though now I'll have more time on my hands. I had a seasonal job and yesterday I found out the season ended yesterday. Think they could have given me a heads up? Have a little project I'm working on at home that I now need to hurry and finish, though I don't know if I'll be cooking for the next week or so.

I don't know if you are like me but I am no fan of paying for food that I do not enjoy. It just would be so great to be a little more organized: maybe not a little- a lot more organize. Today is my anniversary. Perhaps something is planned for me..........I have to wonder if my husband remembered:cake:

image.jpg image.jpg
Saturday morning is when i meet up with people, planning their events and then spend the afternoon typing up their requests ,just taken two weddings and a birthday that will keep us in extra work autumn and early winter,
but to execute these events i spend hours prepping food,for 40 racks of lamb this week i had to butcher 10 whole racks remove the back bones,fillet and trim 20 trouts and stuff them even before sauces and garnishes

Last edited:
I don't know if you are like me but I am no fan of paying for food that I do not enjoy. It just would be so great to be a little more organized: maybe not a little- a lot more organize. Today is my anniversary. Perhaps something is planned for me..........I have to wonder if my husband remembered:cake:

Happy anniversary! Did he remember? I hope you went out somewhere for a fabulous meal that you didn't have to prep or plan! I am still not there with prepping and planning, and still only getting a little food for a few days at a time. I learned on Friday that the season ended on Friday at my job, so now I'm looking for work again.

Happy anniversary! Did he remember? I hope you went out somewhere for a fabulous meal that you didn't have to prep or plan! I am still not there with prepping and planning, and still only getting a little food for a few days at a time. I learned on Friday that the season ended on Friday at my job, so now I'm looking for work again.

Thank you.I will not speak of the anniversary in this thread. It might require a thread based on crime:(. Let's just say it wasn't an anniversary you get excited to tell your friends about. Anyway, I ate poorly and I blame myself for that and ended up with stomach issues this morning. In more pleasing news, you have to a "happy liver" to not know only on Friday that your work season ended. That said, if you are going to be job hunting planning ahead in the kitchen might be a good thing. I hope you find something you enjoy doing and soon...unless of course there are millions stashed away.:)

We've been doing a lot more meal prep lately. It's been for several reasons, I would say primarily though it's been because we have evenings where dinner hasn't been started, we have no idea what to cook (or are missing a key ingredient) and we end up getting take out.

It's also a lot more budget friendly for us when we meal plan and work out exactly what we need. No random supermarket trips to pick up dinner items which end up seeing a whole host of unnecessary items end up in our cart...

We do our prep on weekends - it's just easier for our household that way!

I do plan and prep for a few days at a time. When I have taken the time to plan and prep I can get in and out faster and everyone is happy. I live with my oldest daughter and two teenage boys, I do most of the cooking. Now that the boys are older I do not cook everyday but I do have a routine. I like to have our meals done by 6:30 so I can do something else, on the days I do not cook they have food they can get for themselves in the refrig, mostly leftovers that I made sure was good for two more meals.

Back
Top Bottom