Preparing meals in advance

I cook for 3 days in advance often I get up early in the morning and start my cooking so that no one is in my way. I may cook two different types of meat cut it up into tha amounts I want to use for the coming days and freeze the rest so that we are not eating the same thing several days in a row.

This sounds like a great idea especially when you do not have to end up eating the same thing day after day. That can become quite boring. This Sunday I was so tired I wish I had prepared something in advance. It was my most trying time in the kitchen for a while and all I kept thinking was that advance preparation would have helped.

I cook for 3 days in advance often I get up early in the morning and start my cooking so that no one is in my way. I may cook two different types of meat cut it up into tha amounts I want to use for the coming days and freeze the rest so that we are not eating the same thing several days in a row.

I do enjoy morning cooking. While it's just my husband and me at home, our apartment is small and he's usually watching tv. It's nice to be able to throw on a podcast while I cook without me disturbing him or vice versa. This morning I threw some rice into the rice cooker while I ate breakfast so I could have fresh rice in today's lunch, and I will have leftovers for dinner tonight. (Travel weekends make it hard to do too much food prep because I have no time to eat it!)

Due to hot weather I can't cook my food in advanced and don't stored it for long time, but when I go outside for my office work that time I have prepared food before four to six hours.

This topic falls under the umbrella of Cook chill when the food is cooked you need to get the temperature down to 5 degrees c within 90 mins ,done by small amounts or over iced water or commercially a blast freezer,then store correctly ,then be careful reheating getting the temperature up to over 70degrees c as a minimum bench mark ,

Back
Top Bottom