Preserving fresh parsley

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
10:04 PM
I just made garlic butter but I love how green the parsley was, bone dry but still fabulous and green. My wife does the odd think to help around here. I asked her how she did it. Fresh picked and lay between 2 sheets of hand towels (paper) then zapped for 2 mins. Take top paper off and let it sit. Chop and package.

Russ

I just made garlic butter but I love how green the parsley was, bone dry but still fabulous and green. My wife does the odd think to help around here. I asked her how she did it. Fresh picked and lay between 2 sheets of hand towels (paper) then zapped for 2 mins. Take top paper off and let it sit. Chop and package.

Russ

I presume you mean she microwaved it. Its quite a good way to dry herbs (and other things).

For fresh, I do like I do a lot of fresh herbs - first I spread a bunch out and get rid of any that are already starting to turn. BTW, these are supermarket bunches I'm talking about now.

Then I wash and dry them (salad spinner works a treat), snip off a good portion of the stem to get a fresh cut. After that, they go in a container with some water in the bottom, and usually the plastic bag I bought them in covering the top, then into the fridge.

I change the water every so often, and I can get weeks and weeks and weeks out of a bunch. Seems to stay fresh forever.

For fresh, I do like I do a lot of fresh herbs - first I spread a bunch out and get rid of any that are already starting to turn. BTW, these are supermarket bunches I'm talking about now.

Then I wash and dry them (salad spinner works a treat), snip off a good portion of the stem to get a fresh cut. After that, they go in a container with some water in the bottom, and usually the plastic bag I bought them in covering the top, then into the fridge.

I change the water every so often, and I can get weeks and weeks and weeks out of a bunch. Seems to stay fresh forever.
DITTO
I do seal the bag to the rim of the jar with a rubber band.
Keeps for weeks!

Back
Top Bottom