1 sheet thawed puff pastry as big as a baking tray
4 small or 3 medium red onions
100 g of feta (I used real Greek feta but you can use a substitute)
Bunch of basil
1 tsp of dried thyme, oregano, and chilli flakes
Salt & pepper to taste
1) Cut the onions through the middle and peel them. Slice in thin slices.
2) Heat some olive oil on medium heat in a frying pan, then add the onion slices. Stir until they start to get lightly browned, then add the red wine. Let simmer for at least 10 more minutes. Then reduce the liquid by adding some more heat, and mix the dried herbs & salt & pepper through the onions. Take off the fire when the liquid is barely visible.
3) Preheat your oven to 180 c upper and lower heat. Put your puff pastry on your baking tray, stab it with a fork in multiple places to prevent it rising. Fold the edges over so they will be higher than the rest of the pastry.
4) Tip the onions in the middle of the dough and spread it out within the edges. Crumble the feta over it.
5) Bake for 25 mins to 30 until the edges are golden.
6) Sprinkle some fresh basil over the top of your pie and serve! Delicious on its own, but also good as shown above.