Recipe Puff Pastry Pizza

caseydog

Local time
9:46 PM
Puff Pastry Pizza

Roll out some puff pastry to the size you want, cut some strips to form and edge, and "glue" it on to your puff pastry base with egg wash to form a lip (like a pizza crust). Bake the pastry for 15 minutes in a 400F/200C oven. Remove from oven and cool. The pastry may be really puffed up, but it will settle as it cools.

Brush the pastry base with your favorite tomato sauce. Not too heavy, or you will make your pastry soggy. Then add low-moisture mozzarella, grated. Fresh mozzarella is too wet for this recipe. Then add your favorite toppings. I added pepperoni and sliced button mushrooms.

Put the puff pizza in the oven, under the broiler. Watch it. Pull it when the cheese is melted.

Dress with some torn fresh basil, and a drizzle of EVOO.

PuffPizza001.jpg

CD

Last edited:
Dang. That's so easy that I have no excuse for not trying it! I was planning to buy another box of pastry sheets so I could make another recipe, but I would have likely have only needed half the sheets. I can use the other sheets for something like this. Thanks for sharing!

It certainly would make a good way to use extra puff pastry left from another recipe, since the size and shape idoes not mater.

CD

Back
Top Bottom