Ranch dressing: is there a basic recipe?

Yeah, fat free is a marketing decision based on the original misinformation that fat is bad. It's still persisting pretty well. I have to search hard for yogurt with anything with fat in it and even harder to find any with fat higher than 2%, I normally get the 9 or 10 % Personally I would sign a petition to have miracle whip banned from mankind.

Last edited:
Yeah, fat free is a marketing decision based on the original misinformation that fat is bad. It's still persisting pretty well. I have to search hard for yogurt with anything with fat in it and even harder to find any with fat higher than 2%, I normally get the 9 or 10 %

Yep. Too much fat in a diet is bad, but a little fat as part of a balanced diet is actually good. I am a cancer survivor, and a reasonable amount of fat in a diet is helpful for preventing cancer.

Beside, as I said before, processed food that is fat free often has a lot of sugar and salt to make it taste... um, okay? Not good, but okay.

As far as Ranch dressing goes, if you drown your salads in Ranch, you may be doing some damage to your arteries. But, if you just use enough to taste, go ahead and use the full-fat dressing.

CD

Oh yeah, fat free foods are generally bad, and full of sodium and sugars. Fat free cheese is like a slice of plastic.

I've never tried fat free ranch. I can only imagine it is not good.

CD
I suppose naturally fat free foods are just fine. It's when they try to make them taste like something that has fat in it, they screw it up. And yeah, fat free cheese is like plastic--except fat free cheese doesn't melt and plastic does!

Yep. Too much fat in a diet is bad, but a little fat as part of a balanced diet is actually good. I am a cancer survivor, and a reasonable amount of fat in a diet is helpful for preventing cancer.

Beside, as I said before, processed food that is fat free often has a lot of sugar and salt to make it taste... um, okay? Not good, but okay.

As far as Ranch dressing goes, if you drown your salads in Ranch, you may be doing some damage to your arteries. But, if you just use enough to taste, go ahead and use the full-fat dressing.

CD
The bolded requires more nuance to understand that that it's not necessarily accurate, medical situations like yours aside. As far as the standard American diet where almost 75% of calories consumed are highly processed foods with about a third of those calories coming from fats that are not found in nature naturally, and the fact that people continue to consume too many calories to begin with fueled the war on fat and the fact they represent 9 calories per gram was a no brainer for the food manufacturers to perpetuate and help continue to sell more low fat processed foods, or just enough fat to make you want to continue to purchasing those products which in manufacturing lingo is called the "bliss point". Consuming these types of fats along with refined grains and sugar in excess is extremely unhealthy, would be an understatement and it's making most western populations very very sick. Basically there's a lot more to it than too much fat is bad.

Ooh, ooh, I found it here in Cowboyville Arizona!
IMG_1748.JPG

For $6 USD I took a pass though

Back
Top Bottom