Ranch dressing: is there a basic recipe?

As an American, home of Ranch Dressing, I have to note I've never much cared for it! Don't boot me out of the country for it!!
You mean you’re not like Homer:

View: https://youtu.be/z6HFXWUmpos

:laugh:

I love salad cream, and I despise Miracle Whip. They don’t taste anything alike to me. Salad Cream has a little bit of a mustardy kick to me.

You mean you’re not like Homer:

View: https://youtu.be/z6HFXWUmpos

:laugh:

I love salad cream, and I despise Miracle Whip. They don’t taste anything alike to me. Salad Cream has a little bit of a mustardy kick to me.
Every time my MIL serves cold cuts and bread to make sandwiches at gatherings, if I ask her or FIL for mayonnaise they hand me a jar of miracle whip, lol. I use ranch dressing instead.

There was a large Pizza chain restaurant here in the US that had a TV commercial, where the family was dunking their pizza slices in Ranch Dressing. This quite a few years back mind you, and I can't recall the restaurant. The family had pizza delivered and were all around the kitchen table ...

I worked for Kraft for a while and we´d occasionally get jars of Miracle Whip.
Now there´s Kraft Heinz, they´ve got salad cream as well.
Difference? The same ingredients, really, although the Miracle Whip is probably sweeter because of the high fructose corn syrup, rather than sugar, and the salad cream has got more mustard in it. that´s about it.
Now Ranch Dressing? I make up a load and store it in the fridge.Lasts for ages. Far superior to either of the above!

I worked for Kraft for a while and we´d occasionally get jars of Miracle Whip.
Now there´s Kraft Heinz, they´ve got salad cream as well.
Difference? The same ingredients, really, although the Miracle Whip is probably sweeter because of the high fructose corn syrup, rather than sugar, and the salad cream has got more mustard in it. that´s about it.
Now Ranch Dressing? I make up a load and store it in the fridge.Lasts for ages. Far superior to either of the above!
Ahh, good to know. I was under the assumption that if I made it from scratch I needed to use it within a week. Are you using fresh herbs?

I don't either. First I heard of it is here!

I think it is a big thing in California (as one would expect). Seems they put Ranch Dressing on everything. :laugh:

The real Hidden Valley Ranch, owned by the inventor of Ranch Dressing, is in California.

CD

Never heard of Heinz Salad Cream.... maybe I should walk down the salad dressing aisle of the suppermarket again?

It won't be in your local supermarket. I found it at World Market. I tried it on a few things, and tossed it. I didn't like it at all.

CD

It's a UK thing as far as I know. I've done a lot of grocery merchandising and never seen it.

If I had to guess, I'd bet it's similar to miracle whip.

Well, sort of similar to MW. There's something else going on in the flavor.

CD

Back
Top Bottom