1 TB minced fresh parsley
1 TB minced fresh dill
1 TB minced fresh chives
1 garlic clove, pressed or minced
1 tsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
½ teaspoon fine salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Directions
In a bowl, combine the sour cream, ¼ cup buttermilk, mayonnaise, fresh herbs, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and about 5 twists of black pepper. Whisk to combine.

Taste, and add up to ¼ cup more buttermilk if you desire a thinner, more drizzly consistency. Add more lemon juice if you would like more zing, and/or more pepper to kick it up a notch.

This dressing tastes great immediately and even better after a 10-minute rest. Use as desired, and store leftovers in the refrigerator, covered, for 5 to 7 days.

Recipe lightly adapted from CookieandKate.com

I'm thinking fresh herbs are important here and that sour taste from buttermilk/sour cream.

...and typically what would you use this to dress?

I'm thinking fresh herbs are important here and that sour taste from buttermilk/sour cream.

...and typically what would you use this to dress?
Well there is a reason we call it "salad dressing" LOL! But there are all kinds of uses for it above and beyond that.
1650056839339.png

Last edited:
Ranch Dressing/Dip is a versatile base.
Any sort of flavorings can be added to it:
Siracha
Pureed Avocado (ooh, maybe a replacement for the Mayo?)
Hot Sauce aka Franks Hot Sauce
Salsa
Thai Chili Sauce
Bacon
Cilantro

I'll stop now ...
I like that idea with the avo, I have used avo in place of mayo on burgers before and it was nice. I guess the only thing is it would have to be used right away to keep the avo from oxidation and browning.

I like that idea with the avo, I have used avo in place of mayo on burgers before and it was nice. I guess the only thing is it would have to be used right away to keep the avo from oxidation and browning.
Wouldn't the Lemon Juice help with that you think? Not to mention the Sour Cream... dunno, just my thought.

Wouldn't the Lemon Juice help with that you think? Not to mention the Sour Cream... dunno, just my thought.
Maybe. But I don't think it would extend it terribly long. I dunno. I hate wasting an avocado. I think I would like to use the avocado in the salad anyway!

Ranch Dressing/Dip is a versatile base.
Any sort of flavorings can be added to it:
Siracha
Pureed Avocado (ooh, maybe a replacement for the Mayo?)
Hot Sauce aka Franks Hot Sauce
Salsa
Thai Chili Sauce
Bacon
Cilantro

I'll stop now ...

Bacon 🤤

CD

Back
Top Bottom