Recipe Raw Chocolate Torte

LyraLyra

Veteran
Local time
5:49 AM
Hey guys,
so I'm new here, but someone just suggested that I post the raw chocolate torte recipe that I mentioned on my introductory post, so here goes! (I don't know if I can remember it perfectly, but it doesn't matter if it's not exactly the same, raw "cooking" is so so simple, unlike baking)

So, for the base you will need:
300g Pecans (walnuts also work well)
1 tsp good quality sea salt
200g Medjool dates

For the filling you will need:
4 RIPE avocados
300g Agave nectar/Rice/Date syrup/coconut sugar
200g Raw Cacao powder
seeds of 2 vanilla pods
pinch of sea salt
a few glugs of flax/hemp/coconut oil.

So first what you do is you blend the base, and press it into a silicone mould.
Then you blend the filling and do the same.
Then you leave it in the freezer to set for 1 hour!
Done!

Welcome to heaven!

thank you ,very interesting ingredient mix ,avocado and chocolate is probably alien to most,i am sure this will be tried by a lot of members on the forum
just had a quick google it seems all ingredients are available in our supermarkets ,Tescos stock cacao powder

Last edited:
I've never used avocado in sweet cooking but I'm imagining it would give the torte a wonderful creamy, luscious texture and taste!
Also, I love the simplicity of the recipe - blend, refrigerate, and you're done?

Sounds like a wonderful way to make a yummy dessert! I'm pretty sure my local health food store has most of the ingredients that my main supermarket won't have.

Thanks for sharing the recipe with us!

You have answered a question I had following on from your New Member Introduction! I couldn't understand how chocolate could be in a raw food recipe since its made from roasted beans. Didn't realise you could get Raw Cacao Powder which is made by cold pressing the beans. I've come across the chocolate avocado mix before. Having once dabbled with a raw food diet, I know a little about it. Avocados are quite often used because they are one of the few fruits (aside from bananas) which produce a 'creamy thick' texture. I found it hard to follow the diet. I started craving hot food, for one thing! And I really found it difficult not being able to eat bread or potatoes. I'm also a curry-holic!

Last edited:
Wow, I've never heard of avocados being used in a dessert before. I can imagine that they would indeed give a fantastic texture. It's just a ashame I'm allergic to them!

This recipe looks like it would be suitable for so many different diets though and it really is so simple to make.

Wow, I've never heard of avocados being used in a dessert before. I can imagine that they would indeed give a fantastic texture. It's just a ashame I'm allergic to them!

This recipe looks like it would be suitable for so many different diets though and it really is so simple to make.

I've never heard of avocado allergy. Is it only avocados? Dare I ask what happens if you eat them?:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom